Chapter 14 ~ New Plan

The room became silent as Kokichi finished his explanation. There had been a lot of confusion, yelling, and repetitive questions. In the end, neither really knew what to say. Kokichi sighed in annoyance, leaning back in the chair. At some point, Kaito had undid Kokichi's restraint. Which Kokichi was thankful for. The thought of being helpless around Kaito was terrifying him.

Kokichi met Kaito's eyes, seeing a conflicted look on his face. After everything Kokichi has done, what reason did Kaito have to believe him? In fact, Kokichi kind of preferred Kaito doubted him. It might save his life.

After a while of awkward silence, Kaito cleared his throat, catching Kokichi's attention.

"So you remembered all of this after jumping out the window," he asked, skepticism obvious in his voice.

"Yeah," Kokichi said quietly. "I guess I hit my head pretty hard." He gave a small laugh, trying to lighten the mood somehow.

"How do you know these are really memories?"

"I... I don't know. It's the only thing that makes sense, I guess. What else would they be?"

Kaito opened his mouth to say something but stopped, not having a better explanation. He sighed. "So I was pretty bad bully, huh? That..." His eyes widen in realization. "Those times you freaked out around me-"

"I had been caught in a memory." Kokichi looked down, remembering just how weak he looked then in front of not only Kaito but Kiibo as well.

"And I'm sure getting angry didn't help at all."

Kokichi nodded, looking back up.

"I..." Kaito paused, unsure what to say. Some more questions started to come to mind. "Okay, so... what happened with Kiibo and Kaede?"

Kokichi shrugged, sitting up. "Haven't got the full memory yet."

"Do you have any memories of the mastermind?"

"Nope. If I did then I would have exposed them by now."

"Do you think their going to come for you?"

Kokichi didn't answer, trying to keep himself from thinking about it. Who knew what the mastermind had planned for him. Maybe be framed for Kaito's death or something. Such a pathetic death after everything that has happened. He survived the crazy outside would and this long in the killing game for nothing. Everything has been for nothing. He let out a small laugh, feeling tears start to form. He couldn't put up a mask anymore. What would even be the point? Maybe it was finally time to accept death-

Kaito placed a hand on Kokichi's shoulder, causing Kokichi to flinch and whimper. Despite that, Kaito didn't remove his hand, staring into Kokichi's frightened eyes.

"I'm not going to let the mastermind kill you," he said in a low voice. "If they even try to get near you-"

"You can't possibly be stupid enough to think you can take on the mastermind," Kokichi spat. "They'll set the exisals on you in seconds."

"This silenced Kaito, realizing it was true. But since when has that ever stopped him? "We'll find a way. No one else is going to die."

Kokichi sighed, fed up with that belief. It didn't matter how much you hoped or believed it wouldn't happen. Someone would die eventually. Part of him wanted to cry. But what was the point? What was the point in any of this anymore?

Suddenly, the sound of the door bell broke Kokichi away from his thoughts. His heard dropped as he attempted to stand find a hinding place.

"Calm down. It's just Kiibo. I asked him to come over incase I needed help. Don't know why he's so late though."

That wasn't reassuring. But he had no time to stop Kaito before he opened the door. To his relief, it really was Kiibo. The second Kiibo stepped into the room, Kokichi ran and hugged him.

"I've never been so happy to see you," he mumbled, not bothering with his persona.

"What's that suppose to mean," Kiibo asked, already getting defensive.

Kokichi chuckled. But now wasn't the time. Nor did he have the energy.

"We need a plan," Kaito said suddenly.

"A plan," Kokichi asked, letting go of Kiibo.

"Yeah. If the mastermind comes after you, maybe we can use that to stop them."

"Her."

Kaito stared at Kokichi. "... Huh?"

"The mastermind is a girl. It's always a girl." Kokichi didn't seem to realize what he just said.

"Always," Kiibo asked, eyes wide. "How many time has there been a killing game?"

Kokichi gave a puzzled look before remembering where exactly he was.

"Another memory," Kaito shouted, causing Kokichi to flinch. "Maybe these memories can help us."

---

🌿Sorry this took a while. I didn't like it the first time I wrote it so I had to redo it. Also, I was listening to a song and realized a part of it would describe how Kokichi feels about all of this.

🎶I don't really feel like singin' anymore, I'm not jiving with the vibes, they ain't swingin' anymore

Can you tell me what the hell's gone around here lately. Something's off, not to be a downer, baby

I stepped into a nightmare, when I woke up from utopia. Starting to remember my depression and my phobias. Why is everybody lookin' at me like I've lost it?

Maybe if I keep singing I can make'em stop it🎶🌿