The Girl She Loved

Third Person POV

It all started halfway through freshman year when Y/N was becoming more self aware about her sexuality. She stood in the hallway with her new friends while waiting for the first period bell.  They were loud and goofy considering the weekend was coming up but couldn't care less.

Somehow through the chaos Y/N happened to see her friend, Hailey, talking to an extremely cute girl. She was shorter than Y/N, had dark brown locks cascading down her shoulders, and beautiful green eyes.

The girl took off down the hall seconds later and Y/N continued her daily routine. Although the voice in her subconscious begged to have one question answered.

'Who is that?'

Sophomore year was quick to follow. Y/N was becoming closer to her best friends Hailey and Maya. Every morning their same group of friends would hang out in their usual spot. After the first few months of the semester the green eyed beauty was becoming a familiar face to Y/N. She would stop by every few weeks to talk to Hailey for a few minutes. Y/N wanted to just interrupt their conversation and introduce herself to the girl but she never had the guts.

Y/N wasn't even comfortable coming out yet, let alone ask a girl for her name and compliment her. Of course she could've asked Hailey to introduce them but Y/N didn't think she stood a chance. After all she was probably like everyone else, a simple girl who only cares about her grades and other cute boys. What would she want with a girl like Y/N?

Now it was the summer before Junior year. The cool summer day of July was perfect for a birthday party. A friend of Y/N's crew had invited her and a couple others over for small house party. When Y/N arrived Maya was there along with one other person she knew. Sadly they couldn't stay much longer and eventually left the party.

So, much like anyone else Y/N had to bite the awkward bullet and attempt to make small talk with the other new people in the house. Just when conversation was beginning to run dry Hailey walked in. Yet Y/N was quick to notice that her best friend wasn't alone. Peering from behind her with a small, nervous, smile was the girl Y/N couldn't wait to meet.

After greeting the birthday boy Hailey introduced the unexpected guest to everyone. Y/N is quick to lock eyes with the shorter girl.

"Hi I'm Lauren." She extends her hand with a wide smile.

Lauren

The new name tied to the pretty face filled this empty emotional gap Y/N didn't know she had. She connects hands with the girl and shakes it gently. "I'm Y/N, it's nice to finally meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. I know I've definitely seen you around school but we've never talked."

"Yeah same here...cool." The awkward words fell from Y/N's mouth before a big smile found its way to her lips.

Lauren let out a soft laugh and from that moment Y/N continued to fall for the short brunette.

Every week, every day, every hour that the two spent together she fell harder in love. Something that Lauren was yet to be informed about; but she never has and she never will.

—————————————

Okaaayyy so this was a story I wrote in order to say goodbye to this "daydream" I had with someone in my life.

And yeah.. I feel better lol. Hope you guys enjoyed.

Love ya 😘