Please Come Home

[This is the third entry of Long(er) Distance]

Lauren's POV

The ride home was extremely uncomfortable. Everyone was almost staying away from me; granted, I was sitting in the third row alone. However the quiet radio and whispers that shifted amongst them didn't help. I felt like I had interrupted their group and everyone just chose not to address it.

When we returned to our hotel I was quick to jump out of the car. I just wanted to get away and be alone, but before I could get too far Dinah grabbed my arm.

"Lauren what the hell did you do today?"

I hang my head low. "Nothing, don't worry about it." I attempt to get away but her grip on me was very strong.

"Don't feed me bullshit. The way Y/N looked today was heartbreaking. I've never seen someone so hurt."

That's when it all hit me at once. Guilt seeped into my pores then clenched my heart in its claws. Everything I had done and what I had ruined. Our relationship was destroyed and I had caused Y/N so much pain and trauma. She didn't deserve the shit I put her through.

I began uncontrollably sobbing. "I fucked up! DJ I fucked up so bad! I was cheating on her and I regret it so much."

"Lauren.." She said in pity, "You need to make this right with her."

"I don't even think I can. She probably fucking hates me." I place my head in my palms as a migraine takes over.

"I wouldn't blame her.." Dinah mumbles her brutal honesty, "Regardless it doesn't hurt to try Laur. Go upstairs and get yourself together then call her in the morning tomorrow before rehearsal." She patted my back and walked towards the glass hotel doors.

"Dinah!" I shouted louder than expected. "Dinah I...I um," My words escaped me and my tongue felt helpless. "If you were Y/N would you take me back?"

She seemed somewhat surprised by the question and then took a look at me. However this wasn't any ordinary look. Dinah looked into my heart; into my character and very being. She searched through my emotions and gave me an unsure reply.

"Depends on how you prove yourself."

I didn't sleep at all that night. The thoughts running through my mind kept me wide awake. Every 20 minutes I got the urge to just call Y/N and head straight to her apartment; but that wasn't the right thing to do.

I knew she wouldn't just take me back because I was fully in the wrong. The emotional pain I caused Y/N was ridiculously unnecessary. It was nothing but a result of the ungratefulness I had for her. Not to mention the girls knew exactly what had happened. I was an embarrassment to Y/N, and my parents raised me a lot better than to cheat on her.

At five in the morning there's a knock on my door before I hear someone put in the key card. "Lauren wakey wakey. No time to move like a snail today you're first fo-" Ally walks into my bedroom and cringes once she sees my face. I'm guessing my eyes were really bloodshot.

"..for glams today.." She sits on my bed; pity was painted across her face. "That bad?" She asks. I simply nod and burry my face in the pillows again.

"You know what, I'll switch with you today. That should give you three more hours. Wash your face and shower ok? I'll see you later." 

Before she can leave I grab her hand. "Ally?"

"Yeah Laur?"

"You're the best." All she does is giggle. "I know boo, now get some rest." Ally leaves and turns off the lights behind her.