Joining the Jaureguis 2

Y/N's POV

As Lauren knocked on the front door my heart began to race. The door opens to reveal a girl who I assume is Lauren's sister. "Ah the party has arrived!" She holds Lauren in a tight embrace before turning to me.

"Lo is this the annoying one or the smart one?" Lauren gasps in shock as her sister bursted into laughter. I feel the tension in my jaw release as I laugh along with her. "I'm Taylor it's great to meet you." The younger girl gives me a welcoming hug before we step inside.

"Chris is on his way, he should be here in 20 minutes." Taylor informs us. "Great," Lauren takes the groceries we bought earlier from my hands, "where's mama?"

"On the patio."
Lauren gives me a chaste kiss on my cheek. "I'll be right back. You can put your coat in the closet." She nods to the slide mirror door on my left.
I slide my hoodie off and begin to hang it up. Once I close the closer door I nearly bump into a man that towers over me by 6 inches. My mouth runs dry in fear.

"You must be Mr. Jauregui..." my voice comes out as soft as a child. He holds his hand out in silence and I wipe off my sweaty palm before shaking his. 

"Come with me Y/N." His says with the most monotone voice. If I was anymore nervous my knees would have given out instantly. I try to straighten out my  spine as we walk into his home office.

"So let's get right to it; why are you interested in my daughter?" The older man sits behind the new polished oak desk. A lack of interest is written on his face.

"Well I have a lot of feelings for Lauren. We've been together for a while and I think we make a perfect match."

Mr. Jauregui sits with an unamused face. "Perfect match huh? Give me one reason I should trust you. What makes you so much better than the last ones?"

I bit my lip in thought. What did really make me different? Everyone knows Lauren could get any girl she wanted. "Well I- I um... We take care of each other and I love her a lot."

My eyes began to prickle as the wave of emotions hit me. Lauren could always do better than me; that's why I'm so thankful to have her in my life. "All I can do is hope a woman like her feels as strongly as I do." My throat tightens as tears threaten to fall.

Not a moment later the office door swings open, causing a gush of air to hit my back.

"MICHAEL JAUREGUI HOW DARE YOU?!"

My head whips around to see who I can assume is Clara Jauregui. She stomps into the room and stands in front of me; almost as if to protect me. "You're interrogating this poor girl who's probably scared to death!"

The tall man sinks into his chair as his wife glares down at him. "I- I was just meeting her. Making up for lost time, ya know?"

Mrs. Jauregui then turns to me with soft eyes, "Are you alright sweetheart? I know he tends to be intimidating." She rubs my back soothingly as I nod and begin to calm down.

"Mike apologize to this young lady immediately."

He makes his way from behind the desk and over to me. "I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway, I just wanna look out for my baby girl." There's a genuine smile on his lips as he holds his arms out. "Apology accepted?.."

"Of course." I lean in to reciprocate the hug and he squeezes me a bit too tight. After he let's me go air fills my lungs once again.

A slow clap begins from the doorway and I've never been more relieved to see Lauren.

She walks over to me and leans into my side. "Nice try papa. You can scare this one all you want but I'm keeping her."

Her father shrugs as he walks out of the office, his wife following close by. "It was worth a shot mija." Mrs Jauregui shakes her head amused by his antics.

"You should be nicer to your daughter in-lawww!" Lauren says in a cheery tone before winking at me. My jaw drops in surprise and her father seems to be on the same page.

"My WHAT??!" Mike shouts from downstairs.

Lauren cracks up at her little scheme. "So I guess we need an engagement story now." She whispers.

I shake my head in disagreement "Babe you can't be serious right now..."

She gives me a pout and the cutest green puppy eyes. "And why is that?" I fight the urge to fall for it and walk away from her.

"Nope! Not happening."

She chuckles and holds my hand as we return downstairs. "Come on, it can be really sweet and romantic. You're creative enough to make one on the spot."

"True, but I can't magically get you an engagement ring right now Laur."

A sigh falls from her lips. "...dammit.."

I pull her closer to me and wrap my arms around her waist. "Don't worry I'll get you a ring one day." She flashes her beautiful smile as her hands rest on the back of my neck.

"You promise?"

"I promise you baby." I lean in to seal our lips together. Just before we touch I'm quickly pulled away by the back of my shirt.

"Not in this house girls."

Embarrassment is written on my face as I avoid eye contact with Clara. Lauren blushes and mumbles something under her breath.

I clear my throat and reply softly "Yes ma'am. I'm sorry."

——————————————

I'm back... kinda lol. We'll see how long this streak of productivity lasts this time.

Also check out @ jaureguilocks on Twitter because I love the Lockscreens a lot.

Love ya 😘