Chapter 1

ello!! thank you for checking out my story <3
just out of interest how did you find it?
enjoy :)

Y/n POV
"Mads I'm going now don't wait up, I'm taking an extra shift. I love you!" I shout as loud as I can.

"Wait! Why are you taking an extra shift again? I know how much it tires you, and you've been a little empty recently" she tells me with a pout and concerned face.

"Come on you know I need the money. You already know I'd never borrow money off anyone." I learnt never to do that from the mistakes my parents made. "Besides I'm fine, I'm a big girl." I give her the biggest smile I can muster. Even though I know she's right, I haven't been myself lately. I just really need this money. Especially for my future.

"Okay well I love you. Straight there and then back. No pit stops!" I love Mads. She's been my best friend since I can remember, even if sometimes she acts like I'm eleven.

"It's only a 10 minute walk. Anyway, I've got to go otherwise I'm going to be late" I give her a quick hug, and then run out the door.

As soon as I step out our apartment complex, heavy rain starts pouring out the sky. Just my luck.

I run, trying to stay as dry as possible. It's quite dark already, despite it only being 8:30pm. My shift starts right now, and I can barely see because of the rain.

After 10 minutes of running around in the darkness and rain, I finally make it to the pub, which is already buzzing with people.

Not always the nicest people. Because we are very cheap, lots of alcoholics, young and old people and more broke people come here. Saying this, some people who come here aren't too bad.

I run in and take my coat off. I drain my hair from water, and tie it into a messy bun. I'm about to start serving drunk people, when an employee come round the corner and tells me the boss wants me. Great. Just what I needed.

I knock on the door, and wait for an invitation to enter. I don't get one, so I open the door and poke my head in. In front of me is my boss, who is around 23, and a girl making out on his desk. They are both fully clothed, thankfully, but things are getting heated between them.

I subtly cough and my boss looks up at me. Smooth y/n, very smooth.

He jumps up, and the girl walks out the room after adjusting her clothes. Amander my coworker. She gives me a death glare as she walks out the room. How lovely.

My boss, Alan, clears this throat then gestures for me to come in the room, as I will still lingering awkwardly in the door way.

"I think we both know the issue at hand here" he looks at me sternly

"What? That any female employee that allows you to touch her has a lower chance of being fired?" Damn I'm already in trouble.

"No! I am your boss so I would shut up right now if I were you" I nod, holding my head down lower. I mean I don't like the guy, but he has a point. "You were late and wet. Now don't get me wrong that seriously turns me on..."

Is he serious this man is disgusting. "Stop! I'm sorry it won't happen again." Anger is buzzing through my whole body.

"Okay now get out unless you want more" he gives me a look which I'm guessing is supposed to be suggestive, but just makes him look like he's holding in a fart.

I walk out and start my shift. I've been working for about 3 hours, and I haven't had a break yet. I'm exhausted, but I've done longer. The only coworker I like here, and who hasn't slept with the boss, mainly because he's a boy and the boss likes girls, is Chris. He tells me to have a quick break so I sit down, and sip on some water.

Far to soon however, I come off my break just as soon as these two guys start fighting. Great, I'm going to have to sort this out. I hurry from behind the bar, which I see as I sort of safe zone to break the guys up.

One hits me while going for a swing at the man, and soon enough Chris is pushing him out the bar.

Some people might think this is bad, but I'm used to this. My cheekbone stings slightly, but I go back to work without even checking out my minor injury.

I continue working and it's around 12:30. The bar is really loud, but suddenly the noise quietens down. I look to where most eyes are glued to, and see three men, dressed in sharp suits wall in the door. They talk to a man who also looks business-like at the door, and they are lead to one of our only private rooms. Once they are gone, the usual atmosphere of the bar returns.

That was strange. From all the time I've worked I've never seen the people at the bar become so intimidated that quickly.

IMPORTANT: you've probably heard about the tragic case of George Floyd, please sign the petitions for justice.
http://chng.it/hRzn26ZxSD
^ this is the link to raise the charge from manslaughter. you don't accidentally kneel on someone's neck for over seven minutes while they plead for their life.
racism has to end.
violence has to end.
police brutality has to end.
MURDER has to end.
it's not just about society moving forward, it's about making everyone, no matter what race, feel safe and free.
please do no say, "I don't see colour."
please say, "I see you and I honour you. I respect you and I stand by you."
it's disgraceful that petitions have to be signed to get the police charged with murder. what they did was murder and they should instantly be charged without a second thought.
please remember that silence is oppression.