Chapter 32

Thank you so much ameliaroseHolland for making a cover. As you said it hasn't sent but if there's any other way (e.g. posting it on a story) I will look at it and post it on here.

Y/n's POV
I could feel the bile rise in my throat as I watched Tom.

"Tom..?" My voice broke a little as I said his name.

I rushed towards him and attempted to assess the condition he was in. There is a strain which continues to grow on his arm. The liquid is making the blackness of his suit darker.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Alan-" He seethes through gritted teeth. My stomach drops as Tom points to the window.

The glass is shattered and sharp pieces are scattered all over the floor. The colourful reflections on the floor look aesthetically pleasing, but I know the truth behind them.

I a way, the broken glass reminds me of myself. Before I got embolden with all of this, I seemed happy on the outside. The truth was, I was very unhappy. I was stressed, depressed and a mess.

Don't get me wrong, my life is still a mess, but now I have someone holding me down. And that person is currently bearing a stab wound.

I call for Haz and he picks Tom up to take to the hospital. I go with them.

The who time I'm sitting outside toms room anger and resentment builds up in me. My hands turn to fists at my sides. I feel my breathing become ragged.

"Woah y/n." Haz sits next to me and gently touches my shoulder.

I didn't even realise I was shaking until his arm wrapped around me, an attempt to calm me down.

"The doctor said that Tom would be alright. He needs surgery and a lot of rest, but he should have properly healed in five to six weeks." He informs me.

All I can do is nod. I'm afraid that if I say something it may come out too harsh.

After three hours of sitting around and waiting Tom is allowed to have a visitor.

Haz and Janus let me go in first. I walk into the room and the anger, which I had managed to tame, floods back and hits me off my feet.

I rush over to Tom.

He looks at me and grips my hand when I'm close enough.

"Alan did this?" I ask him, just to be sure.

He must have thought this was a statement at first, because he doesn't answer. He realises when he looks at my face though that I'm waiting for an answer, and he confirms that it was Alan.

Well, it wasn't Alan himself, it was one of his men. The only way Tom knew that the guy was sent by Alan was because he had a mark under his arm.

It was like a tag, branding him as an owned man.

"How did he get to you though?" I'm a little confused as Tom would have always won a one on one combat fight.

"I was working on something." He hesitates, as of considering whether to tell me what he was working on or not. I decide not to press him on what because if he wanted to tell me he would.

I surprised myself how patient I was right now.

"When I looked up he was standing there, knife in hand. I kicked him and he fought back. The one reason he won was because when I was on him he brought out another knife and stabbed me." I nod in understanding.

We sit in silence for a while, fingers interlaced.

It's strange really, how we can sit here together looking like a couple. I want to be with Tom, but things like this make it less simple. We wouldn't be able to just go out, we couldn't call each other on normal phones. The phones we have to use are untraceable, and even then you have to be careful.

Thinking about Alan and Maddison was something I couldn't help but do. I didn't want to, of course. But in reality there was no way of stopping myself from thinking about the two people who nearly took mine and Tom's life.

They nearly took Tom's life.

"Hey Tom, I'll be back soon, I just need to... sort something out."

"Okay love, what do you need to do?" He asks and my mind quickly searches for a cover. I can't tell him what I actually need to do.

"I..." i stammer, desperately racking my brain. "I need to get a... tampon." I blurt out.

"Oh, okay." He says a little awkwardly. He wasn't uncomfortable, but we weren't together so it's not something we would generally talk about.

"I'll get Haz to come and sit with you." He nods and I rush out of the room after quickly saying goodbye.

I tell Haz that I need to go, not giving him a reason but thankfully he doesn't ask for one anyway.

I then run out of the hospital and get in he SUV we came here in.

I should be nervous, but I'm not.

Like petrol to a car, anger is fuelling me.

I drive as fast as I can without becoming a suspicion to authority. My hands grip the steering wheel tight enough for my knuckles to go as white as fresh milk.

I know exactly where to go, what I need to do and who I'm going to kill.

Authors note:
I kind of got writers block again but I know exactly how next chapter is going to go so hopefully it won't take as long to update.
Also sorry for this chapter being a little shorter than the others.
Thank you for reading!