Chapter 6

This is going to be fun.
(We love a bit of sarcasm)

It's not that I didn't like Tom Holland. Yes he was ruthless and dangerous, but personally he had done no wrong to me. In fact, him and Harrison saved me. He's just not exactly someone I want to get mixed with, with his line of work to be specific.

I smile at him, and he smiles back. The smile looks genuine. Behind his tough exterior he actually looks very cute. But also hot. He has a baby face, which makes him look cute, but his usual expressions make him look cold. Not that I'm judging him though, I mean he is a gang leader.

"What can I get you?" I ask him.

"I'll just take a beer please". I nod and pour his beer. As I'm working I can feel his gaze on me.

"Here you go" again I smile at him.

"Thank you love". The nickname sounded nice falling from his lips. That's probably what he calls every girl.

"Is there anything else I can get?" He stops to think for a split second, until he looks around.

"No thank you love, but there's no one else here so why don't you take a break?" I look around and see that what he said is true, the bar is pretty empty, which isn't surprising due to the early hour.

"Okay" He smiles at me and I lean on the bar, knowing I'm going to have to be running around a lot later.

"So y/n, do you work night shifts every night?" He asks.

Why does he want to know? He runs a mob, not when our employees work. I wonder if he likes his job? Okay maybe that's not the best things to ask.

"Yeah. They are the best pay, but I don't work on Mondays and Sundays."

"And do you like it?" Okay what is up with him and these questions.

"I mean it's not my dream job or anything" I chuckle. "But it pays the bills and I don't know what I would do without it"

Even though I say it lightheartedly, he doesn't look amused. More concerned.

"So do you come here often?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Not too often. I'm guessing you know who I am" I nod, allowing him to continue. "Yeah I'm considering buying the bar".

"Oh that's cool"

Ah to have money.

"So about the other night, I'm really sorry about that. He was new, and he defiantly won't be with us again." I see guilt in his eyes.

"Oh yeah, it's fine stuff like that happens. And it's not your fault."

He takes a sip of his beer that he hadn't touched before this point.

"So Harrison, are you two friends?" He looks up at me.

"Yeah, he's my best friend. Been friends since the crib, he's like a brother to me." He seems so happy when talking about Harrison. That's so sweet.

"Aw. Me and my best friend are like that. She's always been there for me, and when they stay with you through all your mess, you know they're the true friend"

He hums at agreement at this. "I trust Haz with my life. I mean he has saved it sometimes before." He chuckles at this, and it's my turn to look concerned.

To lighten the mood he tells me a story from when they were kids and Haz and him were climbing a tree. Let's just say there was a trip to A&E.

We are laughing and making small talk, when Alan comes to the bar.

"What are you doing? You should be serving people. I don't pay you to stand around and be a slut towards our special guests."

I see Tom clench his jaw, getting angry at Alan's statement.

"Sorry, I'll get to work"

"Good and I don't want to see you being a lazy bitch again" I'm slightly taken aback by his worlds, but not surprised. He's said worse.

I turn around and start working, when i hear Tom say, " you should treat your employees with more respect."

Toms POV
Alan looks shocked for a second, and then his face merged into a smirk. "Oh don't worry about that. She's a little bitch. No wonder she has no money"

No money? I knew she wasn't the richest but none at all?

"What do you mean?" His smirk only grows. He is hiding something.

"Come to my office and I can give you a back story" I agree and stand up. Looking back at y/n, hoping she didn't hear out small exchange of words, I smile. It's not like I would hide thing s from her, its just she doesn't need worries about people like Alan.

We walk into his office and he closes the door. "I'm guessing you want her past? And then why she works here?"

I nod. I know this is nosey, but when I saw her I wanted her to be mine. She was the most beautiful girl I've seen, and her personality is one of a kind.

I need to know why her smile is broken though.