Chapter 17

Tom left soon after to do some of his own work outs.

After training I had a good idea of how fast they would progress.

It was looking promising but lots Of hard work would have to go into it before they could go out on top field missions.

I'm just going to teach them what my trainers taught me- be ruthless.

Before Tom, I had never really had to use my skills, except maybe once or twice at the bar.

I had gotten used to a more normal life, feeling safe and living with my best friend. I gained some social anxiety, and after my parents passed I needed anti-depressants. They were prescribed by a doctor/ therapist.

But now that I'm involved with this.. mess, everything I had learned when I was younger is coming back to me. And I'm thankful that my parents never told me about their gang. I fear to think what kind of person I would be if I knew when I was young.

A couple of guys stayed in the gym, but most left, likely to shower then do whatever.

We had to make a rule that when one of the members from my parents gang wanted to leave the mansion they would have to tell me or Tom. I felt bad for making this seem like they were trapped, but for all I know they could be meeting with an enemy mob.

I picked up my things and headed to my room for a shower.

Once I had had a shower and I was dressed I headed to the kitchen to find some chewing gum.

Dental hygiene is very important.

I rummage through the cupboards until I find a packet of gum right at the back, hidden away.

I'm so stealing this.

Anyway, I decide to go to my room and just relax.

As I'm passing toms office someone quickly opens the door and steps out.

It's Harrison.

"Oh y/n! Tom just asked me to get you, he would like to speak to you about something." He informs me.

I nod and follow him back into the room where Tom is sitting at his desk.

Toms head whips up as I sit down opposite him.

"Thanks Haz." Harrison leaves to the room so that it's just Tom and I.

"So y/n, tomorrow evening there is a meeting. As you know there is of course leading mobs all around the world." He begins.

I nod, allowing him to continue, "and many of the mob leaders are meeting."

"Okay..." I question, starting seeing where this is going.

"It's like a ball, and I was wondering, well... if you would.. join me." He stutters, and his words come out almost as if he is questioning himself, and not me.

"Is THE Tom Holland nervous?" I say, teasing him.

"No." He exclaims, but composes himself quickly. "No." He says, calmer than before.

"Okay, sure I'll come with you. I had nothing to do anyway." I chuckle at how boring it could get around here.

"Fantastic. Haz will take you shopping tomorrow." I nod and stand up, ready to leave.

"Oh and y/n, are you sure you can go, I mean some of the most dangerous people in the world will all be in one room. And although it's weapon free, everyone will be carrying weapons."

I smirk, "that might spice things up a little."

As I leave the room he mumbles quietly, "only you." And I can hear the smile on his face.

~~~~~

It's the next day and today I'm going shopping with Haz and Janus.

We have just arrived and I'm really excited.

I haven't been shopping for myself in so long- I never could afford it after my parents passed.

It's strange to see Harrison. He's not wearing his usual suit, but casual clothing to fit in.

We go around shops, looking for a dress and shoes, as well as makeup and hair-styling products.

I get all the makeup first, and then the hair products.

Then we look for he outfit.

Janus and I walk around excitedly, looking around and pointing out anything nice. Haz walks with us, but seems to have a little less less enthusiasm.

I've already tried in some dresses, but they just weren't the one. They either didn't fit or didn't compliment my body, or had something that I didn't like about them.

Yes, I am being picky but can you blame me?

I mean I haven't had the chance I wear something nice in what seems forever.

We enter another shop and Janus runs around, picking up dresses and throwing them at me.

I pick up a couple, and go into the fitting room, not even knowing what half of the ones look like that Janus threw at me.

Haz and Janus sit outside on the seats while I try in dresses in the room.

Janus forces me to show him every dress, even if it is the most hideous king I've ever seen, let alone wear.

After lace, jewels, wearing every colour you could ever think of, and having dresses look so bad I wanted to rip them, I finally found one.

It was a gold satin dress. It fitted perfectly and I was almost a little shocked when I saw myself in the mirror.

I've never really looked in the mirror and thought, 'damn girl'. But when I did I actually looked... pretty?

I step outside the curtain and Janus turns around first.

I swear his jaw drops to the floor.

"..." nothing, He says nothing.

"Janus? Is it okay or should I try another..." I begin nervously before I'm interrupted.

"Y/n you look stunning!" He exclaims.

I laugh as he runs over to me and twirls me around, inspecting the dress.

Harrison turns around at all of Janus's commotion, and he smiles a knowing smile.

"You look gorgeous." He smiles and puts a hand on my arm.

"Thank you." I smile back.

"I can't wait for Tom to see." Is the last thing he says before turning around and starting to complain about how hungry he is.

And how his feet hurt.

And how this was not in the job description.

Even though he is whining and Janus is practically fan girling over the dress, I can't help the deep blush and smal smile that creeps into my face at toms name.

Authors note:
There will be a picture of the dress when she is getting ready and I love it but if it don't imagine what you want, just don't hate on my style.

Aha just kidding.

Not really...

ANYWAY, thank you for reading!

Also thank you sososo much for 5k reads, I didn't even expect to get 100 when I started and all the funny and supporting comments are amazing!