Chapter 16

My eyes slowly open and I quickly sit up when I realise I'm not in my own bed.

My head bangs in pain and suddenly last night floods back to me like a tsunami.

I look around the room, but slower to try and reduce the heartache I have.

I haven't had this much to drink in so long, so this hangover experience is all too new.

Told not here, and when I see that I get a little hurt. I don't know why though, I don't even like him we are just two... companions who got drunk together.

Except that he didn't get very drunk.

Anyway, he's probably working for something.

I get up and get ready trudging to my room to put some training clothes on- I'm training the gang today.

Once I'm ready I head to the kitchen, ready to hurt anyone who gets in my way to the Aspirin.

And yes, that is a threat.

Deal with it.

I find the Aspirin and take it with a lot of water.

Some time passed of sitting around and waiting for training time and I feel better, just a small migraine so I should be absolutely fine.

I go outside and into the gym where everyone is coming.

When I arrive, everyone from my parents gang is there, along with a couple of newer members to Toms gang is already here.

"Hello everyone, I'm glad that everyone could get here on time." I stand in front of them all as they watch me as I speak to them.

I can see that a couple of them clearly aren't too happy with having me train them, but I guess I'll just have to prove their thoughts wrong.

Easy.

"So first of all, I want everyone to do an aerobic warm up. Three laps around the hall." As I do it with them I see that some of them are trying to show off and compete against each other.

I jog ahead of all of them though, until I feel someone jogging behind me.

"Hey, so I heard that you and Tom spent last night together." I whip my head around in shock to see Janus. He playfully nudges me and he has a huge grin covering his features.

"It's not what it sounds like." I sigh, "I got drunk and he jut took me to his room, nothing happened."

"Mm-hmm" He hums in disbelief.

"I swear, I don't even like Tom." I exclaim.

"Okay okay, I believe you." He stays silent for a moment before saying, "but if something were to happen, I completely ship it."

I laugh at him and continue jogging.

Everyone finishes at a similar time, but the run wasn't even hard.

"Okay, So now for mobility and stretching. Go around doing arm stretches and leg stretches, like lunges."

As they stretch I notice that groups have started to form.

Janus and I go around, while the gang has split up into friend groups.

After about 5-10 minutes of stretching I tell them that we need to do a skill warm up.

"Everyone pair up and do some contact fighting, but no hurting each other." They all do as I say and pair up.

Conveniently, there is an even number of people, excluding me, so everyone has someone to go with.

I slowly walk around, examining everyone's techniques. They are pretty skilled, I've got some good material to work with.

"Okay everyone that's enough thank you." I call out and one by one they finished up.

"Some of your techniques are good, some are quick, some of you are strong. But we need all of these together. Today we will only work on technique. I'll do a demonstration of what I want you to do next."

They nod and I ask for a volunteer.

Bailee says that he will so he comes up in front of everyone with me.

"Okay Bailee, so just come at me like I am your worst enemy." I say as we circle each other.

I knew that I could beat him, before my parents passed my dad got me martial arts classes.

I know why he was so intense about me going now.

"Who says that your not?" He asks.

"Please, I know that there's some else who you hate more then me."

If I play my cards right I can see if he is a mole. I have suspicions, but I can't accuse him of anything until I have real proof.

"Run at me." He does what I say, can though I know that he knows you should never make the first move. I saw his while he was fighting.

He goes to grab my waist but at the last second I jump out of the way, kicking his leg as he runs pass.

He falls to the floor, but jumps up quickly.

"It's all you now." I tell him.

He comes closer to me, and goes to punch my stomach. Before he can reach me though, I grab his arm and swing him round. Then I kick him in the back and he falls to the floor again, more violently this time.

When he gets up but stand afar away from me I turn around to the group.

"And that, is how you wins fight threw pure technique." Some of them clap and Janus whistles and cheers, warning himself a slap around the head from Bailee.

I chuckle.

They pair up and start going along my my example.

I turn around to grab a drink when I feel someone tap me on the shoulder.

Turning around, I'm met with Toms face, and he looks quite impressed about something.

"Who knew you were the fighter?" He chuckles and I take a gulp of my drink, trying to keep this headache to a minimum.

"My martial art teachers probably." I chuckle. "I didn't even know that you were in here watching."

"Oh yeah, I snuck in the back."

"Sneaking around in you're own property? You mob leaders really are strange."

"So how are you feeling?" He asks in a quieter tone then before.

"Oh you know, just the average hangover." I sigh, regretting the amount of alcohol I intoxicated myself with last night.

"Where were you this morning?" I keep the conversation going.

His face flushes red and his words come out stuttered and unbelievable. "Oh, I just had to go out and do some business." He sounds nervous, which is weird as he's a gang leader, he should be good at lying and pocket faces.

I simply hum in response and continue to watch the guys practice.

"They've got potential." Tom says from beside me.

I smile while still watching them do what I did, "yes they have."

Authors note:
More action next chapter.
Thank you for reading!