Chapter 5

This is the jumper you were wearing. Dedicated to all the Midtown fans :))

Y/n POV
Today I had quite a lot to do before I went back to work. I am doing a medical course, but I only do it three days a week. Today I have an essay to write. I should be graduating in a couple of weeks, and I'm ahead of schedule.

I got out of bed and grabbed a banana, and bottle of water. After brushing my teeth and washing, I got changed into some comfy clothes and tied my hair in a messy bun.

Making sure I had my glasses, books, laptop and phone I said goodbye to Maddie and headed to the library.

I liked working at the library because they had loads of resources and it was quieter then the crackheads upstairs to us.

I got to the library and see Mrs. Joel. "Hello dear." She smiles warmly at me.

"Hey how are you doing?" I reply.

"Oh the usual. Timothy should be here later". Mrs and Mr Joel were like parent to me. Because my parents were never around, I would always come to the library. When I became a regular visitor, the Joel's looked after me. Not as legal guardians, but from their hearts.

After two hours of hard studying I finally finished all my work and so I decided to go home.

I didn't have a car yet- I couldn't afford one, but I wish I could because I have to walk everywhere.

On my way back, a couple of drunk guys were walking out a club. As I walked past them, I could smell alcohol reeking off of them. It's only 5pm. They're going to have a fun headache tomorrow.

I had just passed them, when I heard them whistle. I keep walking. Then one of them slur- shouts. "Where you go gorgeous?"

I turn around and realise they were talking to me. Ew.

"None of your damn business" I say in an angry tone. One of the things I can't stand is when drunk weirdos hit on you.

"Why don't you come with us? I can show you the time of your life". They are both now approaching me, and the smell of alcohol strengthens.

I feel sick to my stomach. Oh god this is not happening right now. I'll keep telling myself that until I believe it.

"How about you step away, and I'll let you keep your life?" I retaliate. Of course I couldn't kill him. I wouldn't but I needed something threatening.

"A feisty little one aren't you?" I lift an eyebrow.

"You haven't even seen feisty yet bitch". 
I'm having a mental breakdown but also a mental cheer dance right now. Dancing makes me hungry. Wait what? Stay focussed y/n!

The name seemed to get him angry. "I think someone needs to be taught some manners!"

He pushed me up against the wall and the other guy makes sure no one is coming. His large hands hold me in place and I know there's only one thing to do. I kick him where the sun doesn't shine. It must have a hard, because he falls down in pain. Huh. Teaches him right.

His baby maker won't be working for a while.

Maybe he doesn't want kids? He doesn't deserve them. Wait why do I care? Again going off topic y/n!

The other guy was way too drunk to do anything, so I took this as a chance to run. I run into a busy street, and realise I would be safe now. I make it back to my apartment and tell Mads what happened.

To say that Maddy was angry would be the understatement on the year. Fight me on that one. She was fuming. Pacing up and down the apartment. Things like this had happened to me before, but not very bad. I guess you could say the results of the situations were usually lucky.

After an hour of me trying to watch Gilmore Girls, and trying to calm Maddy down, it was time to get ready for work. I hadn't told Maddy about the black car following me. She was already to angry, and I feared that if I told her she would hire a body guard for me.

"Okay I'm going now Maddy. I'll be back at about 4 today, I'm taking an extra shift. Love you!"

"Love you y/n. AND BE CAREFUL IF ANYTHING HAPPENS CALL ME!" She shouts.

"I will" not. I mentally add. If I was in a dangerous situation, I'm not going to get my best friend in the world to come and protect me.

I exit the apartment and speed walk to work. It was freezing outside. Today, I kept looking springs to make sure I was alone. I hate to admit it but last time I was absolutely terrified.

When I get to the bar, it is quite quiet which is unusual, but I am relieved about it anyway.

I make my way to the bar, and start serving, at a slower pace then usual. Then, someone sits on a bar stool. Tom Holland.

This is going to be fun.

Authors note:
The story will get better I promise! This wasn't all very good, but the next chapter will have a lot more of Tom in, what you all cane here for!
Thank you for reading lovelies x