Chapter 29

(Sorry for all the changing of POV's, I hope it's not too confusing it's just difficult to write everything in one POV if they aren't there.)

Toms POV
I had left y/n at the hospital with Janus while Haz helped me get the main guys from the mob together.

We were going to take down Alan, and that was final. I didn't care how we did it or who we had to get through.

I didn't just want to get him because I'm blood thirsty for revenge, but because if he's free in the world, then y/n's not safe.

Just to think about him getting his dirty hands on her again...

"Tom." Chris says from beside me.

My head whips up at the so n's of my name and I'm instantly pulled out of my trance.

"The only way to get to him is either through the bar or Maddison, which means y/n." Haz explains, a dreadful look on his face.

"Well we're going to have to find another way." I slam my fist against the table out of frustration. We've already been here for two hours and so far we have nothing.

Even though I usually knew everything that went down in this.. business, ie and then someone new would pop up.

Generally they would last a couple of months before being completely destroyed by other gangs. These were usually smaller street ones, gangs that mobs like mine didn't bother messing with because they weren't in our league.

However, whatever Alan is doing is effecting is, as well as y/n, which means that I have to stop him.

And something tells me that he's got something a lot stronger than what he has already shown. Like he's been secretly working on it for a while now.

"We can't go to the bar, it obvious, in the public and is the bastard has something bigger planned we can't risk going there." I knew that my mob could beat whatever Alan had any day, but after the shooting at the ball I didn't want to risk anything.

Haz explained why we couldn't go to the bar and the pros and cons. There were more cons.

We sit in silence, every single person in the room deep in thought.

I had a feeling that everyone was thinking the same thing, but they were waiting for my signal. It was like they knew that they couldn't say it without recovering stupid punishment.

I weigh our everything in my head, and realise that maybe what we are thinking is our only option.

"The only other way is Maddison, and that means y/n." I say quietly and everyone agrees.

"So what do you suggest we do?" Bailee asks me.

I stand up, "I don't know, but there is no way we are using y/n to get to him. She's already weak and vulnerable." I tell them and leave, going to see y/n.

When I get to the hospital y/n and Janus are talking and laughing.

I stand outside, not wanting to walk in on their best friend talk.

"So, what's going on with Tom?" Janus asks and I can practically hear the smirk forming on his face.

She doesn't say anything and I can just imagine the blush forming on her cheeks.

"What do you mean?" She blurts out.

"Well there's obviously something going on with you two." Janus states as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"No there isn't. Tom doesn't even like me." He quickly covers up.

She's got it all wrong.

"Please, he looks at you with pure adoration. Not once did he leave your side for himself when you were asleep. Damn it, he even got you red velvet cake when he very much disagrees with the consumption of that food." Janus exclaims, aspiration in his voice.

"Well maybe there is something..." she starts to say, unsure of herself.

"Maybe? Are you serious? Did you even listen to anything I just said?" Janus shouts.

(Little Ragnarok reference as per usual.)

"Okay okay! I like Tom, but I mean look at us. We're a mess. He's a mafia leader. I just found my parents mob." She sighs out, sadness laced within her voice.

I never really thought about how sad it must be to think about her parents for her. I mean, she has spoken about their gang, but never really about them. And no matter who they were, they are her parents.

Hearing y/n admit that she has feelings for me makes my heart burst in my chest.

But then what she said about the complications... she's right.

It wouldn't work, it shouldn't work. But I want it to work. Damn, I want it more than I've ever wanted anything in my life.

There are some whispers exchanged between y/n and Janus. I can't decipher what they are saying though, so I just stand and wait a little bit.

I decide that this is a good time to enter the room because they aren't talking about y/n and I anymore.

I try to act normal and not like I just admitted to myself that I want y/n as my girl. I mean, I knew I had feelings for her, but I didn't realise how deep they are.

Everyday they seem to become more and more serious. And that can't be good.

"Hello love, how are you feeling?" I smile at her, but then try to dial down he bad acting.

"Good." She sort of coughs and stutters at the same time.

I look at her with concern but she musters and smile at me. She looks nervous.

"I'm going to go and get a coffee." Janus smirks at y/n and I before leaving the room.

"So..." she starts. This is like a signal telling me that we need to talk about something important.

I don't say anything but sit next to her, where Janus was sitting minutes ago.

Just when I though she was going to ask or tell me something about us she says, "how are you getting to Alan?"

"I don't know." I sigh and lean back in the chair.

"I could always go to Maddison-" she beings but I sit up quickly.

"Like hell I'm letting you go out there like bait." I growl in anger.

Just the thought of y/n being hurt again makes my blood boil.

She nods, clearly seeing that there is no point in arguing with me about this.

"Tom, I need to tell you something important." Y/n says after a few long moments of silence.

"What is it darling?" I ask, making eye contact and becoming trapped in her deep brown eyes.

(Lol sorry can't remember if I described her before or not so I'll just say that.)

"There's a mole in the gang." She states and I'm taken off guard at her words.

"How do you know?" Is the first question that pops into my head.

"Someone left this note while I was sleeping. I didn't tell Janus or Haz because I knew you'd want to know first." She nods towards a small piece of paper on the table next to her.

I pick it up and begin reading, every word making me angrier and angrier.

Authors note:
Sorry for the describing of features on y/n, but it's hard to write if you don't have set features. Please imagine however you like though.
Thank you for reading!