Extra (2)

"Baby." Tom's husky voice drags out in a whisperer in the peaceful darkness of our bedroom.

"Mhh." I mumble an incoherent word, the tiredness not allowing me to communicate any more than that.

"I can't sleep." My back was to Tom. Our bodies weren't touching but his hand was on my hip, his thumb repeatedly tracing circles on my bare skin.

"Try." My eyes stay closed and I can barely move due to my almost unconscious state.

"I already have." He whines and I turn my body around so that I'm facing him.

"I love you but if you don't let me sleep right now there will be consequences." I keep my eyes closed, which may have been a bad idea as I'm taken completely by surprise when Tom arms wrap around me. He pulls me up onto him so that I'm laying in him.

I bury my face into his chest, enjoying that warmth that is radiating off of him and sending jolts of electricity through my whole body.

"Like what?" I can hear the smirk in his voice but I decide to ignore his comment and go back to sleep.

Well, try at least.

"Hey, baby, I'm sorry for annoying you." His voice comes out sincerely and vulnerable that my heart melts.

"It's okay." I reply.

I feel his hand gently stroke my head, his fingers interlacing within my hair. His soothing action continues for a little while. I feel myself about to drop off to sleep when I'm awoken by his voice.

"Hey, do you want to do something fun?" He questions and I sigh, my face pressed against him.

He pulls me up so that my head is in the crook of his neck. I breath in and out, savouring the pure feeling of safety I get from him.

No matter how tired I am though, I am in love with this man and so I answer him. "What?"

"Let's go out." He whispers, still playing with my hair.

"Tom, it's like the middle of the night." I whisper, not exactly sure why though as we are the only ones here.

"If my beautiful girl losing her dangerous edge?" He asks mockingly.

I know that he's only doing this to make me agree with him but it's not going to work.

"I would never." I answer, a fake gasp dropping from my lips.

"Seems like it." He grunts and I instantly jump up.

Okay, so maybe he's made me soft, and maybe I still feel the need to prove myself. Who am blame me though, I'm in love and competitive?

"Fine then, let's go out." I say while pulling on some mom jeans and one of Tom's hoodies.

I watch as Tom gets out of bed, smiling and shaking his head at me.

"Your too easy y/n." He chuckles while pulling on some black jeans and shirt. He puts on the jacket I got him for his birthday.

"Yeah whatever Holland." I don't argue because the truth is, I can't. This doesn't stop me from rolling my eyes at him still.

Taking my hand in his, he leads us out of the house and on to the busy streets of London. Despite it being around midnight, there are still many people out here, enjoying the clear night sky and famous attractions.

To my surprise, Tom pulls on my arm when he starts running down a busy street, dodging people as we go. It's a freeing feeling, like we are living in a world of our own. And let me tell you, it's so, so perfect.

"Tom." I laugh. "Slow down."

Suddenly he goes around a sharp corner, spinning me around and crashing me into his chest. His arms go around me to steady my figure.

I look up to see him smiling down at me, love and adoration dancing in his eyes.

"I love you Y/n." He says, his eyes searching my face.

I'm about to reply when he continues, are bodies still pressed together.

"Gosh, I love you so much." A huge grin covers his features. "Your so perfect, I love you."

"Tom I-" I try to say something when he cuts me off again.

"Marry me?"

I stand, frozen to the spot. My silence and shock must have worried Tom because he begins to ramble.

"I wasn't going to do it yet but I just love you more than anything in the world and-" I can't help but chuckle at him, but then I feel a little evil for laughing.

He looks down at me with hopeful and almost scared eyes. Likely scared of rejection.

"Of course I'll marry you Tom." I say and he engulfs me in a hug, spinning us around.

I laugh at his action, but it's muffled and is soon cut short when he takes my lips in his, kissing like he just won the most precious thing on Earth. He kisses me like there's no end.

When we pull apart he puts a finger up to me.

"Wait, you deserve it done properly now."

"Tom you don't have to, it was already completely perfect." He interrupts my protest by getting down on one knees and look up at me.

"Y/n Y/l/n, would you give me all I've ever wanted by becoming my wife." Even though I already agreed moments ago I notice the glisten in his eyes and the excitement in the pit of my stomach.

"Yes. Of course I will." I cry and he slips an engagement ring on my finger. I look down at my hand, which is now decorated by the most important stone ever. The ring is silver, a diamond in the middle, and two smaller diamonds on either side of it.

I look down at Tom who is still looks up at me with a huge grin. I can't even describe the feelings with in me. I felt overjoyed, special and loved. So, so loved.

I fall down onto him, my arms going around him. "I love you, I love you, I love you." I cry into him, not being about to stop the tears that are pouring down my face.

"I love you too, so much." He whispers, picking me back up on to my feet and taking us back to the house.

Authors note:
please check out my new stories, 'an aces luck' or 'hold on and hope'.
also recommend this to a friend if you enjoyed!
thank you so much for reading we're so close to the end 🥺