Chapter 10

What Tom just said confused me. I just couldn't get my head around how I could be apart of everything.

I thought about anything I'd done and nothing seemed to make sense.

"How?" I question after not being able to put anything together.

"Are you sure you want to know?" He asks stupidly.

"No I just asked for the sake of it, OF COURSE I WANT TO KNOW." I shout the last part, getting agitated.

"Your parents." I stare at him blankly. My parents were normal people with a tragic ending. It hurts just to think about, so having to talk about them with a near enough stranger is well, indescribable.

"You father ran a mob, in fact, one stronger then mine." I gulp but stay silent, urging him to continue. "And once him and your mother had you, people knew he would be weaker."

"And that's when they took a shot..." I trail off.

I look down at the floor, trying to hold in the tears that threaten to escape any second now.

"Wh- what happened t- to their mo- mob after they-" I begin to ask, willing to break the string of questions tied in my head.

"It still exists. It's smaller and weaker without a strong leader like your father, now a mere street gang compared to mobs like us. I hear that only the most loyal men stayed, and they have been recruiting ever since." He answers fully.

I'm too shocked for words. Honestly I knew that something was different about my parents, they tried to teach me about fast cars, guns and fighting, but I never thought about gangs. My life seemed normal, but I guess that must have just been to me as I've never known anything different.

"I'm going upstairs." My words break a long silence held between the two of us.

Tom simply nods and as I leave I feel his eyes on me.

I lay around in my room, wondering what to do about everything.

I pace up and down the room, thoughts flying around and mixing up faster then I can keep up.

I think about the car chase.

I think about Tom.

I think about Haz.

I think about my parents.

And I think about my parents gang.

After an hour of brainstorming ideas, from the possible to the impossible, I come up with on a couple that I could try.

They all seem completely crazy and stupid, but one stands out to me the most.

I leave my room and go to toms office, guessing he would be in there.

I was right. As I enter he looks up, mainly because I didn't bother knocking before.

"I want to meet my parents gang." My words come out as a demand.

He refuses quicker then Taylor Swift could write a song for an ex. "No."

"Who leads them?" I ask, hoping that I can persuade him to tell me where exactly they are.

"They never got a new one after your father. They were like most mobs, it's all about family."

"Well I want to- wait, you said it was all about family." I start to put some pieces to why Tom actually wants me here.

"Yes I did." He says simply.

"And I was an only child..." I understand so much more now.

"I know." Well that's a little strange but I guess that he just got someone to do a background check or something.

"Which means that the mob is mine?" What I say comes out as more of a question as I ask myself whether I'm right.

"Correct." He looks me in the eyes. "Which is why you are here, you see we can't have a potential strong mob leader running around the streets."

"But I was completely clueless and would have probably never found out if you hadn't of told me." I retaliate.

"Incorrect." He says.

"How?"

"They recently found out about the daughter of the notorious mob leader, and they want her leading them." Well that was a bombshell and a half.

I stand there in front of him silently for a moment.

And that's when I speak up, "I still want to meet them. If you won't take me I'll just have to take myself." I wasn't sure how to but if I play my cards right Tom might think I do.

"You can't get out of here." He says.

"I'll find a way." And with that I turn around, my outside confident but my inside picking my brain of a way to escape.

If I escaped I wouldn't run, there would generally be no point, Tom has sports cars and I have zero years of sports behind me. And don't forget my zero hours of enjoying PE in school. Escaping would be simply to prove a point, and I will keep doing it before he takes me to the gang.

Authors note:
Just a little shorter- sorry about that. Thank you for reading lovelies x