Chapter 13

Is what I'm doing stupid?

Yes.

Should I have just moved and lived a normal life after escaping Tom?

Yes.

Am I turning back?

No.

Defiantly not.

So that is why I am currently following the two gang members, if they even are, down the alleyway.

"So where exactly are we going?" I question.

"To meet the rest." Mike answers simply.

"Okay... not that you shouldn't, but why are you trusting me so quickly?" I ask, generally confused as to why they are so trusting.

"One, if you were lying I could kill you with my bare hands." The threat doesn't intimidate me too much.

"And two, you look like your mum." He says softly.

I nod but stay silent.

That comment hurt a lot. Everyone used to tell me that I looked like my mum. Of course then, I didn't see it but now, when I look at my reflection we look so alike it makes me shiver.

(A little song line, any guesses for what song it is?)

We reach a warehouse, broken down and haunted-looking.

Mike holds the door open for me and I take a step in first.

The other guy, whose I learnt that his name is Janus, cool name, gently places his hand on my back and guides me through the abandoned warehouse.

Is it strange that I'm not scared? I feel like I should be, yet I'm just not.

"Everyone, y/p/n's daughter, y/n has come." Mike shouts.

A large group of men join and crowd around.

As they do I whisper to Janus, "is this everyone?"

"Yes." He gives me a small kind smile, which I gladly return.

Everyone stands in silence, looking at me expectantly.

"Erm... hello, I'm y/n and I'm here to, well I guess lead you, if you want, in honour of my parents." I have to admit, talking to all of them did make me nervous.

"Your parents were really the y/l/n's?" Someone in the small crowd asks.

"Yes." I answer, not quite knowing what else there is to say.

Some look at me, either in disbelief of with a face of unimpressed manor.

"Want a DNA test or something?"

I know that would be hat braid my parents have passed but I need to seem tough.

They shake their heads.

"So what are your plans for us?" Janus asks.

I'll admit, I'm a little taken back by the way they so quickly and easily agreed to me leading them.

"Well, I want you all to train, and train hard. The over all goal is to become one of the most powerful mobs in London again." They cheer, so I hype them up a little more.

"Mike, start training everyone, Janus could I speak to you for a moment?" He nods and I lead him to a private room, not a particular one though as I have no idea about my way around yet.

"Okay so I had this idea, and you'll have to bare with me while I explain."

I take a deep breath in as he nods, a quizzical look covering his face.

"So I was thinking, maybe we could going alliances with Tom Holland's mob?" He scoffs.

"At this point, we couldn't even touch him."

"Well, yes, but I need to tell you something..."

I explain to him how Tom kidnapped me, I escaped, found them, and even mine and Toms deal. Throughout the long story, Janus nods and listens carefully.

"So what your saying is that you need us for your safety and ours?" I flinch at his words. I honestly don't know why, I just do.

"Yes." I day, just above a whisper.

"Well then we are here for you." I sigh in relief.

That was easy. Maybe a little too easy...

We go out to we're the men are training, and I see every single one of them pushing themselves to the limit of intensity. These guys must have worshiped my parents.

I wish I knew about my parents real 'job' before. Honestly, it surprises me to think about them being ruthless mob leaders. They were always sweet and gentle towards me.

Like we were a normal family... but truthfully we were far from that, and I didn't even know it.

I explained to the gang what the plan was, and thankfully they obeyed.

I could see that they didn't all completely trust me, I mean I was a simple weak girl off the streets. Except that I had a legacy.

However, one guy stuck out to me in particular.

After introductions, I found out that his name was Bailee.

Something about him was just off, especially compared to the others.

I let it go though, as I wasn't expecting everyone to like me all at once.

I was optimist, not naive.

~~~~~

It had been 9 days with the gang, and today we were leaving to go to toms mansion.

9 days of hard training.

9 days of jokes passed by Janus and I. He's a weird kid, soft in the inside and he really reminded me of Harrison which was kind of nice.

9 days of funny looks from Bailee.

I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't. I didn't tell Janus though, as I didn't know their history and I didn't want to offend anyone.

We left the warehouse, taking the cars they owned.

Apparently none of her had girlfriends or wives, but they are all pretty young anyway.

When we arrived at toms mansion I went in first.

He was waiting in the hall.

"Your back." He remarks.

"No Tom, this is a hologram." I say in an obvious voice. "Of course I am I'm standing right here, geez way to state the obvious."

He chuckles, but stops himself quickly, realising his mistake.

"So did you bring them?" He goes straight to business.

"Sure did." The guys start filing through the doors.

"You know y/n, I'm actually quite surprised that you actually came back with them, I thought I'd have to hunt you down." He says it like he's scaring me.

He's really not.

"Well now you know I don't go back on my word."

I wink at him, throw my jacket in his face, and walk past into my temporary room.

Authors note:
Thank you for reading!