6: Lucky

"Jihyun-ah, you eat really well." Kyungsoo gave the woman in front of him a warm smile.

When they arrived at the restaurant Jihyun became more shy as she remembered their rather intimate moment before this which was--they held hands, held each other closely, and he returned the affection by holding her close to him as he softly cupped her head. Weirdly enough, minutes ago she was comfortably laying her head on his shoulder as they walked but now she avoided making eye contact with Kyungsoo by focusing and eating her noodles fast.

She never thought that this would happen so quickly, and yet it did, and here they were, on a date. It only took 3 days for a date but it also took them almost 8 months or more to finally spend time together, and this time, really together.

He watched her closely making sure she enjoyed her food and she definitely did judging from the fact that she hasn't looked up from her bowl. For Kyungsoo, watching her eat made him feel happy and full to the point where he didn't want to eat anymore.

She did though, stopped eating when she noticed he hadn't touched the bowl in front of him.

She looked at him and raised her eyebrows, "Mwoyaaaaa~~?! oppa, eat with me." Jihyun demanded as she went back to her ramen, mixing them thoroughly.

He let out a small laugh at her whining. "I should've asked you on a date a long time ago."

Kyungsoo had been wanting to confess to her about that. He already liked her from the moment they started to bond during the set but he didn't know how to ask her on a date. Their friendship was new and he didn't want to ruin their closeness. Today was different though.

"Huh?" she said as she continued eating, slurping in the noodles into her mouth as if there's no tomorrow.

Normally, Kyungsoo hates loud eating noises but Jihyun...Jihyun was definitely an exception and Baekhyun is just annoying when he does it.

"I said...." he leaned in closer to her, as she focused on the bowl, "I should've asked you on a date a long time ago. Watching you eat like this...I would've never thought how cute you look"

Jihyun almost choked when she finally heard what he said. Surprisingly, she recovered fast but some of the soup splattered on her face when she dropped her chopsticks on the bowl.

She took a piece of napkin but Kyungsoo already beat her to it. She glimpsed at him as he raised his hand with the napkin onto her mouth.

Kyungsoo wiped the wet spot on her face from the soup cautiously trying not to put a scratch on her beautiful face, "mianhae, too much to handle?" giving her a half smile.

She smiled nervously, almost trembling at his almost-touch on her lips and his soothing voice. Damn, that deep yet gentle voice.

She tried talking as he wiped her mouth, "A-a-nniya, I was just eating fast." mumbling and stuttering her words with complete denial.

He continued wiping her mouth, not noticing that he was accidentally erasing her red lipstick. He was so immersed in her small yet full lips that even he couldn't notice that Jihyun was now holding his wrist. Almost instantly, they both started to lean in closer to each other's faces and that's when he slowly lowered her hands to cup her face as they were both now tempted to re-enact a scene that they've done before except this time they aren't acting or rehearsing a scene---this was real life. and this was in fact, about to happen again.

As their lips moved closer, almost leaving no space between them, the waiter walked up to their table carrying a bottle of sake on a tray.

They quickly moved away from each other when they finally realized what was happening.