21: Hello Heartache, My Old Friend

-Three days later-

From the moment Kyungsoo arrived at the SM building, his eyes were irritated by the amount of people that had already gathered around him with their flashing cameras taking pictures, shouting comments, and screaming his name as soon as he got out of the car.

This was his first public appearance ever since his dating news was released and when he and Jihyun had broken up for awhile, Kyungsoo decided to go into hiding under the public eye by staying at his parents' house rather than the dorm because he knew that no one knows where his parents had lived. Of course, the boys and his other friends were worried for him but they all kept in contact by messaging him specially his bestfriend, Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol  was the one that often visited Kyungsoo at his parent's house during those long three weeks. He would check in on him by making sure his bestfriend distracted himself in order to avoid the media, and Kyungsoo of course would play it cooly and say things to him like, 'Chanyeolie~, don't worry so much, I'm truly okay so just work with Sehun on your album so I can listen to it soon' and then Chanyeol would scream in frustration, knowing that his bestfriend was lying to him about 'being okay' and offers him to workout together if he ever gets too stressed. Kyungsoo thought that he would be a burden if he bothered anyone with his personal problems and so most of the time he kept to himself.

And now for the past three days, he had become even more meticulous about his surroundings. At the back of his mind, the  fear was that he'd lose Jihyun again if he wasn't careful enough and that it was even more crucial this time because they finally sorted out their feelings for one another and that was of course that they are definitely in love . So, during that very morning when they decided to get back together, Kyungsoo made breakfast for her, and then Jihyun sat him down with a set of 'rules' that they both had to agree to for the sake of their relationship:

1) Don't tell others.

2) Don't go on a date when there's too many people.

3) Never mention each other in interviews

4) Ignore

Though it was a difficult set of rules, he was more than willing to follow it because he knew that it was definitely necessary in order to avoid any other potential troubles. After that, she also talked about the possible outcomes of some worst case scenarios:

If a) we tell everyone, then the result would be: bye careers, if b) we tell others, then the result would be: rumors. If c) we mention our love lives in interviews then: the media will twist our words and eventually, the paparazzi and saesangs would follow us to get any evidence. For Jihyun, ignoring and deflecting dating questions was the best way to actually escape them. She kept emphasizing that it'll take a lot of communication and understanding for the both of them in order for their relationship to be kept in secrecy and most importantly, to not let history repeat itself.

However, a day after, one SM staff called up Kyungsoo to come to the head office to talk about his career and his initial thought in mind was that the company somehow found out that they were back together again and that they'd mistreat his girlfriend by making up a story or worse, tell him to breakup again and to never see her.

And now, here he was, in the middle of chaos in front of the SM building.