18: Midnightsky

KYUNGSOO POV~

Do Kyungsoo hated waiting. The idea of it always frustrated him to the point where sometimes he'd get angry. Similarly, the past two weeks felt like he'd been waiting for something that was never going to come, except that something was the woman who taught him that patience is worth everything.

And so, when he found himself waiting for that something in the midst of all the chaos created by the media about their previous relationship, he busied and distracted himself with the stack of screenplays scattered all over his mom's dinner table.

An old woman resembling Kyungsoo came up to him and patted her son's back.

"Kyungsoo~ah. Don't you have to wake up for a schedule with your brothers tomorrow? You must sleep now. It's midnight."

Kyungsoo looked at his mother and gave a half smile, "Omma, I'll be okay. And there's nothing going on tomorrow. The boys are busy with their own schedules. Go ahead and sleep." he said, returning his attention to the script that he'd been reading for the past hour.

" he said, returning his attention to the script that he'd been reading for the past hour

She clicked her tongue in disapproval at his stubborn and hardworking son.

"Aish~" She purred. Kyungsoo's mom then sat on the chair to study her son who'd been short of words for the past two weeks, "Do Kyungsoo...look at me."

With a serious look towards her son, Kyungsoo's mother, just like any other mother would, noticed that something seemed to be bothering Kyungsoo. A mother's instinct. Of course, she knew of the break-up from him the day after they broke up with a quick phonecall  and though she hadn't met Nam Jihyun, Kyungsoo's mom knew who she was and believed that her son was truly happy with her. She almost went online to curse at every person that bashed her son and Jihyun for being in love but her husband managed to calm her down. When Kyungsoo came home a week after, looking like he hadn't had any sleep as his eyebags bulged out, at that moment she deduced that it had affected him greatly.

Kyungsoo looked at his mother and forced a smile, "Omma, I'll be okay." Then a message notification popped out that caught his attention.

~I'm here already. She seems okay. But she looks like she's been crying. We drank but she drank a lot and seems to be falling asleep now. " The text read.

Kyungsoo's mom knocked on the wooden table to get the young man's attention, "I know my son. You distract yourself when something is bothering you or stressing you out." she said in a firm voice.

He kept his attention on his phone, trying to type back his response but his mother kept calling him.

"Do Kyungsoo!" His mom's voice called out again.

Kyungsoo scratched his head, "Omma, it's midnigh--"

She cut him off with her own response, "That's why I know's something's bothering you. It's midnight and you're not sleeping. And out of all of my sons, I know you're the one that loves sleeping the most. So tell me what's wrong, boy."