16: That's Okay

note: errors ahead ~ also listen nd play d song above for Vibez and Moodz i guess lol

When she opens the door for him, he noticed for the first time her forced smile and then two bottles of empty soju on the table

When she opens the door for him, he noticed for the first time her forced smile and then two bottles of empty soju on the table. She had been drinking for the past hour.

He then turned his attention to her with having no choice but to return her forced smile with a forced smile of his own, pretending as if everything was okay.

Then, she lowered her head, trying to avoid his eyes. From there he could read her sudden small movement that perhaps she wasn't okay. She'd been drinking but she wasn't celebrating. Perhaps she knew about it already.

Kyungsoo lifted her chin to meet her eyes but when her head was up, she looked away immediately to focus on the cactus plant that he'd given her just last week. He had told her several times to take care of it as she would with him. He'd say, "The cactus is precious and the person who gave it to you is precious too. So take care of it like you take care of me." But for some reason that day she'd forgotten to water it.

Kyungsoo gently yet quickly stroked her cheeks to comfort her, "Ulineun..." she finally looks up at him with sullen eyes when she hears his voice until suddenly she felt his cold lips placing a kiss on her forehead and returned to face her and said, "gwaenchanh-eulgeoya."

We'll be okay.

He wanted so bad for them to be okay. But he already knew that she looked at every social media from the look in her eye: whether it was on twitter, on instagram, on naver—-she had probably read every disgusting comment about him, about them—and his worst fear of all was her reading comments under the trending #CancelNamJihyun.

When she lowered her eyes again, he bent his knee just a bit to see her hiding face.

She didn't smile. She didn't cry. She didn't even say anything back which was odd because Kyungsoo was always used to her reacting to everything he says.

Instead, she walked away from him and started to prepare a snack for him by the kitchen counter.

Kyungsoo followed her to the kitchen and as she slices a whole watermelon, he started to hear her sobbing. He moved closer to her but didn't embrace her. He was surprised to see her like this. It was the first time he'd seen her cry. And truly cry. Sure, he'd seen her cry when they rehearsed and acted in the drama together but to see her right in front of him, cry quietly or atleast try to cry quietly—surprised him in the most heartbreaking way.