Chapter One - A Place to Call Home

Jayden POV

It was been 4 weeks since unlocked my semblance which I called "Umbral Prowess" and believe me I have made leaps and bounds in terms of progress. I am now able to fight side by side with my clone to a competent degree but with some improvement still able to be made. I also learned I can shoot a projectile which lowers the targets defence if theY get hit which makes dealing damage easier. Currently I am filling up my water bottle in a freshwater lake which I deemed safe to drink, when I hear something nearby. I quietly sneak over to where the noise was coming from and found out it was people. From the sounds of it they are a boy and a girl around my age. As I got closer I began to see what they looked like. The boy was a bit shorter than me and was wearing a black and blue robe over his body. He seemed to be relaxed even though he was i the woods. The girls was shorter than the boy and was wearing a similar outfit but was different shades of red instead of black and blue. As I approach. I ready myself for a fight.

Boy's POV

I was arguing with my younger sister about where we go now due to us now being lost and separated from the group. " Skarlet I told you we should of stuck to the plan, now we are lost." I tell her as she stares at me in shock. " my fault, you wanted to fight that Ursa to prove yourself to father, don't put the blame on just me you are equally guilty" she replied and I knew she was right. Then we heard someone approaching and we ready ourselves for a fight; only to see a boy taller than me come out of the bushes. " who are you and why did you follow us?" I questioned him whilst keeping my guard up. "No need to fight, I was just at the lake when I heard something so I came to check it out. Anyway my name is Jayden what's yours?" Replied Jayden. Seeing he was not a threat I loosened my guard. "My name is Kuai Liang but I am known as Subzero and this is my younger sister Skarlet," I replied as we both shake hands.

Jayden POV

After introducing myself to the siblings I took them to my camp where I was asked by Skarlet "why are you alone in the woods?" I decide that I should tell them "well, I am here because I ran away from home. I did this because my "family" was constantly abusing me and neglecting me as if I didn't exist. So I ran away and am never going back" after I said it both Kuai Liang and Skarlet were shocked to say the least. " I am sorry for what happened to you, Jayden. We didn't wish to bring back old memories." Kuai said with pity in his voice. "It's alright, you guys didn't know. Anyway you should proba-" I was cut off by the sound off Grimm approaching. All three of use were on our feet and ready for a fight. Out the tree line came 18 Beowulfs so each of use got 6. I rushed in and managed to do this to the first one

(1:04 -1:11)

The dead Grimm collided with another crushing it to death leaving 4. The next unlucky customer came up close so I Summon my clone to charge him from behind and we find this.

(1:23-1:42)

The Grimm had killed itself by puking it's organs onto my leg, but I didn't care. The last 3 looked at each other then did something unexpected. They ran away. This got me confused so I turned around and I saw a rather interesting sight. I saw 3 perfect.y frozen beowulfs and lots of frozen blood near Kuai Liang while Skarlet stood near 6 Beowulf bleeding profusely onto her body, one being suspended by solidified blood. Both of them looked at me in shock as I cleaned my leg in the lake to remove the smell of Grimm organ. As I approached them they looked at each other them back at me "Is something wrong?" I ask as they were starting to make me worry. "We have never seen someone that makes a Grimm run away from a fight." Skarlet nearly yells while Kuai Liang comes closer to me. "You don't have anywhere to go do you?" He asks and I nod. He gestures me to follow him and Skarlet through the woods and I follow suit.

Timeskip

After walking for a few hours we end up at an old temple. When we got closer the people there were wearing similar outfits to what Skarlet And Kuai are wearing. They led me to a massive room with a throne In the middle. From the side of the room a man walks in wearing a blue and black armour resembling an old samurai. "Subzero, Skarlet where have you been and who is this you have brought with you?" He spoke with a calm and wise voice unlike my father."apologies father, we got ambushed by Grimm got assistance from Jayden here" Kuai told the person who was his and Skarlet's father. "Thank you Jayden for helping my children come back, but why were you in the woods in the first place?" I tell him the same thing I told the others and his reaction was the same, instead he never said a word. After about a minute he said something I would of never have dreamed of "seeing as though you have a strong connection with my son and daughter I am willing to take you in as well,so would you like to stay herewe can train you to become a stronger warrior than anyone else in remnant?" All three of us were shocked, me more so. I said the only thing that I could. "Y-Yes Father" he looked at me with a kind gaze and spoke "welcome to the Lin Kuei son,"

A/N there we go, hope you enjoy and again please tell me any improvements I can make.PEACE
Word Count: 1049