Chapter 9 - Operation Blackout

Jayden POV

Team Jade was called to Ozpin's office, most likely to do a mission involving Grimm but that is not what we were told. "I need you to infiltrate this White Fang base and retrieve their Black Market data. We believe that The Black Dragon is beginning to help supply their war effort." Ozpin said in a serious manner. "Alright, we will head off at dusk" I say and my team goes to the elevator whilst I stay. "Mr Rose, before you go I was told to give you these by your Mother. She said good luck." He said as I take the box and head to the dorm room.

When I enter I see Aria checking her ammo for Umbra Hexistant, Danielle sharpening Sabretooth and Evelyn polishing Catacomb Burial. I head to my bed and open the box. Inside are 2 one handed swords and a new outfit. I take the outfit and put it on surprisingly impressed by how I look.

Aria notices the new outfit "where'd you get the new robes?" I respond with a new voice thanks to the mask "Ozpin said it was from my Mother" the mask makes my voice sound deeper and serious

Aria notices the new outfit "where'd you get the new robes?" I respond with a new voice thanks to the mask "Ozpin said it was from my Mother" the mask makes my voice sound deeper and serious. I put the Swords which I named Thorn's embrace on my back which fitted nicely and waited for the others to grab their gear.

Timeskip.

We were on route to the location Ozpin gave us and Evelyn could barely hold her excitement. "OMG, our first mission and it isn't boring! I can't wait to cut something with Catty," She says as she rubs her greatsword down the blade. "I just hope they put up a fight, unlike most Grimm we fight," Danielle says as she makes the last adjustments to Sabretooth. Aria says nothing as she stares out of the Bullhead. "It's ok Aria, we are here, they can't hurt you without having to deal with us," I say as I touch her shoulder. Aria smiles and leans in closer to be closer to me. "Alright, we're here" the pilot said as we land in the forest below. "The facility is 3 clicks due north, meet back here in 6 hours for evac." The pilot yells over the engine and takes off.

Once off we begin heading north and eventually the facility comes into view. The place is heavily guarded, almost like an Atlas Barracks. Aria pulls out her sniper and attaches a suppressor to the barrel. "I will take out the snipers, you lot sneak in and take the data but make it quick." Aria says without looking. "Stay safe," I say as We go towards the fence.

Aria POV

Through the scope of Umbra Hexistant I can see the guards in the towers are asleep, either by themselves or Jayden. I tease out the guards on the rooftop allowing the others to get past. Whilst checking for more guards I see something in one of the windows. 2 men, one being faunas we're standing and talking about something. The human isn't wearing a shirt but rather a shoulder strap with a red light in the middle. One his left shoulder a black dragon tattoo can be seen and his right eye is cybernetic. The faunas I know all too well, Adam Taurus. I load a sonar round into the chamber and fire at the wall. Now I can hear the conversation. "I'm telling ya mate, you help us and we can get ya into Atlas and the heart a Beacon" The Human says in a strong accent. "The White Fang can't affiliate themselves with the Black Dragon Kano, it goes against our morals." Adam says to the man now named Kano. "You don't get it Adam, we have faunas in the Black Dragon. Not many granted as they go ta you and Sienna but we still have some." Kano says as he approaches Adam. "Fine, we shall have an allegiance but you will need to speak with Sienna Kahn as well."

Hearing this shocks me to the core as I activate my scroll. "I got eyes on Adam and the Black Dragon representative, he goes by the name Kano," I say and Jayden sighs. "I know Kano, thanks for the intel. Hang tight." He responds and I sigh. 'Come on Aria get it through your head, he isn't interested in you'

Jayden POV

We were currently inside a storage closet waiting for a patrol to go past when Evelyn said something shocking. "Jayden, do you have a crush?" I had to pause for a moment to collect my thoughts. "No, why do you ask?" As I say this Danielle sighs, "look, this isn't the best time Evelyn. We ca. Continue this later," we both nod and exit the closet. "Guys, they are in the next room with the data," we hear Aria say over comms. "Then we need a distraction, can you think of something?" I ask and then the power shuts off. "Perfect" I say as I send a shadow clone into the courtyard. "Attention, Noob Saibot has entered the facility" began to rang as we entered another room and waited for both Adam and Kano to leave.

We entered the room and Danielle begins to extract the data. "Give me a few minutes, there is a lot of data here." She says whilst outside we hear, "it's a decoy he's inside." I groan and ready Thorn's Embrace. "Stay here, I'll deal with them." I say and walk out the door.

(Play music)

I begin walking down the hall and guards start to show up so I cut them down quickly either with a slit throat or spilt guts. Behind me several guards show up each armed and they begin to charge, I deflect most of their attacks and cut most of their head, arms or even legs clean off. One got a lucky hit but then I tuned him into a shish kebab with Thorn's Embrace. More guards appear so I create four clones and send them into the fray.

Eventually the guard are all dead and 2 heavy armoured enforcers came in and tried to crush me but they failed and ended up getting cut but not enough to kill. They got stabbed, ribs broken, a snapped arm and leg but they kept fighting. One of the clones then uppercutted one hard enough to launch him whilst I teleported behind the other grabbed them and went upwards, then slammed him into the floor. I then picked up one by his arm and leg whilst a lone did the same on the other side and we ripped him in half. The other I made a portal which a 5th clone dragged him through, but got stopped halfway as I closed the portal, bisecting him. I then dismissed the clones and walked back.
(Stop music)

(First 2 only)

When I got back, it was a bloodbath. Guts were all over the floor and Burnt bodies surrounded the area. Danielle was stood there panting whilst Evelyn charged through a wall crushing the person she used as a battering ram. "The data," I ask and she pulls out a memory drive. "Good, Aria we're heading out" I say through comms. Nothing. Silence encased us as we Looked out the window to see her gone from her watchpoint, leaving her gun there.

I teleport us to the gun and see a note. After reading it I could feel my aura flaring up and an anger I had not felt since my first day at Beacon.
'Saibot. If you want her, come to the Black Dragon outpost in Vale. Alone. Don't keep us waiting - Adam And Kano'

A/N I know, I know...I'm late. But I am alive. Anyway sorry for the incredibly long wait. I was focusing on studying. Anyway, I'll try and upload by 2 weeks but i can't promise as I am doing exams. Also thank you so much for supporting this book, I looked on the top RWBY stories and to see this at 9th brings a tear to my eye. I can't thank any of you enough.Anyway. PEACE.

Here is the proof of your efforts