Chapter 11 - A Vytal Error

Jayden POV

Today the transfer students enter Beacon for the Vytal festival. Students selected from all the other academies are gathered here to compete to find out who is the best fighter out of all the huntsmen available, and I already know something going to go wrong, call me paranoid but still. Anyway I am walking towards Goodwitch's class with my team when we bump into a group of transfer students. There faces look similar and I can't help but notice the green haired one freeze up a bit at my gaze as I had my gear on. "Story, about that. We're trying to find where the transfer students are staying," the black haired girl said with 'no ulterior motive' whatsoever. "Down the hall, second floor." I say bluntly and walk on. The green haired girl tried to take something of mine but failed miserably.

Once at Goodwitch's class I lost my focus and was thinking about those transfer students, 'they know something or are trying to do something.' I was lost in thought that I didn't hear Goodwitch call my name, 'Mr Saibot, please enter the stage and fight Mr Black please." Regaining my focus I enter the ring and get in a stance.

The battle ended as quick as it started as I sent Koro sliding at Mercury's legs and teleport slammed him, dropping his aura quickly. I noticed that he constantly used kicks and he seems unbalanced. Upon later discovery I noticed that he had metal legs which explained the constant usage.

Timeskip

Th first matchups were complete with most Beacon groups advancing to the next stage, is included it that was to be expected. Whilst watching the duos match, I notice a figure wearing a blue gi on the other side of the stadium. I paid it little mind as it could be anyone and continued to watch the match.

Kuai Liang POV

Currently I'm watching one of the duos match for the Vytal festival, even though my main reason for being here is to stop Cinder Fall, when I notice someone staring right at me from across the stadium. Looking at their outfit I can piece together who it is. 'Jayden' I say I to myself as I watch the match but also checking on my brother.

After the match is finished I follow him and his team to their dorm room. Upon listening in to their conversation, he is already suspicious of Cinder's group. I decide to make myself known by freezing the door handle.

Jayden POV

Me and my team were talking about the transfer students when the door handle froze and broke off. The door opened revealing the same person from before. Upon closer inspection I recognise them and prepare for Kombat.

 Upon closer inspection I recognise them and prepare for Kombat

"Subzero" I say venomously as I get into a defensive position. He stands completely still, not getting into a fighting stance but begins talking, "Jayden listen to me, I know what I did was wrong but history will not repeat itself. I am no longer Salem's puppet and the Lin Kuei will defend Remnant to the last man," I didn't want to believe him but his posture, the way he talks and even his eyes are normal. I still had my doubts. "How can I be sure you are not lying, just to rip my spine out the moment you can." I question as he pulls off his amulet. "Because I no longer lead the Lin Kuei, you are the new Grandmaster," he says as he kneels offering the amulet.