Chapter 6 - Betrayal and Forgiveness

Jayden Pov - 1 week later

I arrive at the temple only to sense a feeling of dread emanating around the area. I slowly make my way to the main grounds where I see the entire clan waiting for my arrival. "Welcome home brother" I hear Kuai say from the front. As I approach him I notice differences in his demeanour. First, he is more laid back and less formal unlike how he was when I was with him. Also his eyes were yellow instead of their usual Blue. "It is good to be back, what is the issue Skarlet said something happened." He replies to me with a saddened time " sadly, our alliance with the 4 kingdoms is ruined as they attacked us the week before, Skarlet sent the message to you but was then cut down by a huntsman." I looked at him shocked that he would say that "I know what you must be thinking, we ar..." I interrupted him by saying "Don't lie to me Brother, The kingdoms don't know of us except for Ozpin. You killed her because she wouldn't submit to Salem didn't you." I look at him with more anger than I ever did with Ruby or Yang. " What gave it awa..." I socked him in the jaw hard enough to send him flying. The rest of the clan readied their weapons as I stared them down with hatred. " you were never this laid back, also your eyes are yellow. You should have realised that I know what deception looks like, Subzero " I say to him as I make my way out of the temple. "You chose the wrong side brother, you will lose" he says as I stop. " we won't lose, and I am not your brother anymore" I teleport as far away from the temple as I could.

Timeskip - Back to Beacon

I make my way to Beacon with so much hatred and anger that it is visibly rolling off of me. I head to the roof and watch the sun fade behind the horizon as I hear the door to the roof open. "Brother, are you ok?" I hear Ruby ask me in a worried tone " Go Away Ruby, I Want Nothing To Do With You!" I yell at her as she backs away in fear. "Please brother just hear me out." She says resisting the urge to cry. " Fine, make it quick or I will throw you off this roof" I say threatening her and she knows I will do it.

"I know what we did to you is unforgivable and I've accepted that fact. I know that we will probably never earn the trust and love that we once had back. But, I just want to let you know that if you ever decide to come back for whatever reason. We are willing to to try and make things right between all of us. I know you don't want anything to do with us, I just thought that saying it would at least make me feel more confident in my acceptance of the truth. I'm Sorry Jayden, I truly am so please come back, if not for me but for yourself." She said while tears began to stain her face. The words hit me hard after what I had just went through, they were willing to make things right. To get rid of old grievances and start anew. I take off my mask and lower my hood revealing my face and hair as I approach Ruby. She begins to tremble as I approach, expecting me to hurt her.

"Is this True, Ruby. Is it true that all of you are willing to change and accept me back for who I am. Are you willing to put up with someone like me again?" I say resisting the urge to cry myself. "Yes" she barely says most likely out of fear. I raise hands and she closes her eyes,accepting her fate. She waits for darkness but receives an embrace she was waiting 11 years to feel again. "Alright, let's go sis" I say as tears began to fill both mine and her eyes as we tighten the hold. This is what I needed, not a new family. I needed to feel welcomed back into my old.

A/N we've come full circle. Jayden forgave them but what will happen next stay tuned to find out. PEACE.