Chapter 3 - Reunions

Jayden POV

We were heading to the auditorium to hear Ozpin's speech when an explosion caught out attention. The explosion came from the main courtyard and traces of fire dust were in the air. I told Skarlet and Kuai to go ahead whilst a check it out. Once arriving I see the 2 things I most hate in Remnant. Ruby and a Schnee. I could feel every fibre of my being urging me to kill both but where's the fun in that. Instead I watched as Ruby was berated by the wannabe princess when a girl wearing a abnormally large black Bow on her head disrupted the argument. The Schnee went off in a huff and the bow girl walked away, leaving Ruby alone. I would then start phase 1 of my plan but the black haired girl intrigued me.

I followed her to the Auditorium and kept her in my line of sight to analyse behaviour and reaction to Ozpin. Glynda then told we would be "sleeping in the Ballroom" however due to my semblance I longer need sleep which allows me to focus on training. However I decided to remain in the ballroom and make notes on the initiates. My expectations were low and most of these people pushed it further down; there were some people though who may have a chance. One being my friend/rival Pyrrha Nikos who also came to this school.

"Miss Nikos it would seem The Elder Gods have made us cross paths once again, it is nice to see after a year" I say while Pyrrha which startles her. She turns around and notices me. "Oh, hello again Saibot, fancy meeting you here. I thought you were busy with the Lin Kuei?" I chuckled at her response "The Lin Kuei can survive without me for a few years, the clan went 20 years without a grandmaster, I hardly think now they will fall," me and Pyrrha talked for 20 minutes about what happened over the last year and I told her that "they" were here, mainly because she found out from Skarlet. Needless to say she changed within a nanosecond. "Easy Pyrrha, no need to kill everyone. Their retribution will come, just not at this moment." This calms her to the point she is drowsy. I lay her down on her sleeping bag and was about to go outside when I spotted the bow girl again. 'Now or never' I said to myself as I made my way to her. "Is this seat taken?" I ask as she looks at me with apprehensive eyes. "No, go ahead just don't disturb me while I'm reading."
I take a seat next to her and pull out my own book called "The Apothican Servant" and began to read as well. After 5 minutes she asks me "what book is that, I've never seen it before?" Without removing my gaze from the page I respond " it is an old legend of a man betrayed by all he trusted and forced to make a new name for himself. If you want, you can borrow it. I finished reading it about a month ago." She looked at me as I turned my head to face her, "that would be nice, thank you" as she said this her bow was twitching. 'Ah, that 's why' I thought as I closed my book and gave it to her. "No problem Kitten" I say in an amused tone as she tensed up. " it isn't normal for a bow to twitch but no worry, your secret is safe with me, that is a vow" I whisper so no-one else overhears. She calms down after I said that and begins to read my book. Suddenly I hear someone I wish that they would burn "Hello there, mind if we join?" The blonde bimbo yells while dragging the insect with her. I blocked out their noise by talking with my clone "when should we start?" I ask it. "uP To yOU to DeCIdE WHeN TheY SuFFeR!" It responds with it's raspy voice. When my attention is back to the real world I see the Schnee approaching us looking moderately pissed. I knew at this point it was lights out so I put out the candle that was nest to me and warped outside.

While outside I begin remembering all the events that led up to this moment. Every tear, every spark of happiness, every drop of blood. I forced the memories out my mind as I focused on the horizon. It was clear to me that this will be my future I was gonna make the most of it, but most of all they would suffer for what they did to me all those years ago.