Chapter 15 - Happy Travels

Jayden PoV

I never thought that getting to Mistral would be so annoying. We had so much ground to cover and not a lot of time really. We decided that we should take the shortest route possible and rely on Aria's innate tracking ability as a way finder. She led us to a crossroad which seemed to agitate Nora and Ren. "We should take the mountains, it may be faster" I hear Ren say nervously. "No, it wouldn't. Unless you could fly or teleport, it would take 4 times as long." I say and we go left towards a ruins. The closer we get, the more I see Nora and Ren wanting to run off.

The town was obliterated, and the smell of death is still present in the air. "We are being watched." Hanzo says as he readies his spear. Everyone reaches for their weapons than Nora and Ren and a loud screech can be heard. "Nuckelavee" I say and throw my chain scythe from mom into it's chest. It embeds itself deep and I have Koro hold the chain. I run up and ram my scythe through it's chin and both me and Koro begin to pull. The head of the monster comes off and the torso is split n half. "Annoying horse demon" I grunt as it falls over dead.

Timeskip

Ok, why does the world hate me. After the encounter with the Nuckelavee, we have seen at least 100 Grimm come after us. It was getting to the point where I wanted to teleport to Mistral and ditch everyone. Eventually we get to an area with a good layout of the land. "There it is, Mistral" Qrow says as in the distance a city can be seen. Hanzo breathes fire to alert a transport and it picks us up and takes us to the capital.

"Brother, do you wonder how Kuai is handling Yang." Skarlet asks and I shrug. "No clue, but he might be getting irritated at the moment." I say as I know how tolerant he is.

Kuai Liang PoV

I am beyond Annoyed. All that has happened is that he have been attacks from all angles by bandits. Most are now ice statues as we wonder deeper into the forest. "This is testing my patience" I say and Yang nods her head in agreement. After another 5 minutes of walking we reach a clearing. "We will most likely get ambushed" yang says as I get into a fighting stance. Several bandits come to attack but most are immediately dealt with with extreme prejudice. The captain of the group is all that remains. "Do you work for the Branwen Tribe." I demand and he nods furiously. "Lead the way to your camp, or. Will freeze your soul" I threaten and he shows us a direction.

After a while the camp comes into view. I freeze the bandit and both me and Yang open the door quite hard. What happens next is what genuinely confuses me. First, the leader turns out to be Yang's mother, next is she has Weiss Schnee captive and finally she can turn into a Fucking Bird. while not the weirdest feat of magic seen by me it still caught me by surprise. "Mom, we need your help" Yang tells Raven who seems sceptical, "why would you require my help when you have the Lin Kuei grandmaster as your accomplice" Raven counters.

I decide to cut through the tension in the air, "we are planning to assist your brother and niece in securing the other relics before Salem's forces take hold of them, we require the use of your semblance to allow us to make up for lost time." the tension as both me and yang look expectantly at Raven. "you do realise I would rather die than assist Ozpin Subzero, what makes you think tha-" she begins to speak before I cut her off. "I put little trust in him as he holds secrets that only I and a select few know. I only wish to assist in beating Salem for what she had done."

Raven orders some of her thugs to free Weiss and brings all of us to the back of her tent. "Fine, but I want some protection in return. The lin Kuei helps keeps the tribe off both Ozpin's and Salem's radar" she demands as she looks directly at me. "done" I answer. she drwas her blade and creates a portal between here and Mistral. "thank you mom, please at some point...come back for at least a little." yang tells her before walking through followed by Weiss and I. just before I leave raven grabs me. "please, protect her. I fear that I won't be able to soon." I nod and she lets go which allows me to pass through the portal.

Jayden POV

we arrived at Mistral and currently my team, Scorpion and Skarlet are in a separate room catching up. Evelyn tells me that Aria couldn't part with my swords for even a brief moment, even in her sleep which makes me chuckle although my voice distorts it into a small cackle. "Jayden, ehy won't you take off your mask?" aria asks me which causes me to sigh. " I don't look as appealing as I used to. my skin is black and dead so I will always wear my mask to hide it." while most of them understand Aria seems apprehensive at the statement.

"so what did I miss, what happened to Beacon" I ask which my team looks down solemnly. "Ozpin was found dead and beacon was destroyed, most of the Grim were killed by a white light which petrified them." Danielle explains which confuses me. " what ability can turn...Grim...to stone" I say as realisation dawns on me. The silver eyed warriors. Ruby has silver eyes. just as I was about to reveal my thought a knock on my door interrupts us.

opening the door reveals Ruby and JNPR waiting outside. "what is it." I ask and allow them to come in. when they enter I notice that Ruby is holding a tome. a Necronomicon. this raises red flags in both mine and Hanzo's Undead minds. "Miss Rose, where did you find that  book" he asks cautiously as we await for her response. "Jaune found it in the Mistral Library and while looking through it it mentioned ways to restore souls in dead bodies. I thought it might work o  you two." she says enthusiastically as I grab the book. "there is one issue with that Miss Rose, there must be an exchange of life or the spell must be done by a person a high magical aptitude. " Hanzo explains as I lock the book onto my belt.

"KIDS, I found them" I hear Qrow say in a drunken stupor as both me and Ruby go to check. "Uncle for the last time,you need to sto-" both me and Ruby say at the same time when we realise three things. 1) we said that at the same time, 2) Yang and Kuai Liang are in the room and 3) there is a kid in the room. "Who is the kid?" I ask as I wave to Yang and Kuai, the kid responds with the dumbest thing I will probably hear in my undead life "Well, my name is Oscar but you all probably know me as Professor Ozpin"