Chapter 9

Kenneth's POV

Ooof.......Done!

'Today was a memorable day.' Said my heart.
Yeah for the first time I am agreeing with you.

'What!! I didn't hear you??' Mocked my mind.
Oh shutup!!

'I also say many things to you, but you never agree with me??' my mind asked.

'That's because our kenny boy is warming upto that green eyed girl.' My over excited heart said.

'Yeah!!! Did you noticed how he was staring at her. I tried to warn him, but it was of no use. It was like he suddenly became deaf. Hehehhehe'-again my mind.

My heart said, 'Dumbo its because he saw her after so long time.'

'Hmm....sure if you don't count the  24/7 thinking about her'😂😂

"SHUT UP!!!!! Have you both forgotten that I am still here, listening to all your bullshits??!!"

Currently I am sitting in my car thinking about the whole day. Yes it was tiring but totally worth it. She was so sweet today unlike the first time we met. It was like she was being herself today. Not to miss that she is irritating sometimes but the small part in me feels so happy, so relaxed.. I can't even explain. Sure we bickered sometimes but didn't fight like before. It was really enjoyable.
Gross! I am grinning like an idiot thinking about her.
her....

HER??

WHAT!!!!!
How can I be such an idiot??? I didn't even ask her name.

'Because you were busy stari-'
RING A RING A ROSES, POCKET FULL OF POSIES🎶🎶🎶....... I stopped my mind by singing, before it can complete the sentence.

Anyway I am happy that I got my cake.
At last!!!!
I had kept the box on the passenger seat carefully.
Kelly must be mad by now, I made her wait so long for the cake.😥

I reached near my house, parked my car and headed inside, not forgetting to take the cake box.
My mom opened the door, I think she heard my car pulling off.
She just smiled sleepily and went inside her room. Weird, she didn't ask anything?? must have had a long day. I'll ask her in the morning.
I silently closed the door and  headed straight to the kitchen to place the cake in the fridge when I saw a faint light coming from someone's room. Frowning I slowly walked towards it.

I was trying to suppress the slight smile coming on my face. There sits the girl who had never failed to make my life hell, though sweet hell.
Yeah, it's Kelly. She was sitting on the sofa trying hard to be angry but failing miserably because she was so so sooooo sleepy.

I slowly went towards her, kept the box on her lap and waited for her reaction.
She stared at the box with half closed eyes for few seconds and instantly her eyes were wide awake. She looked at me and gave me the brightest smile.

"Kennyyyy!!! Thaaaaank youuuuuuu!!!" she literally screamed and jumped into my arms. After carefully keeping her cake aside.😑

"Tone it down, all are asleep and I am really really sorry for being late." I whispered smiling while blocking my ear with one hand and hugging her with another.

"Ok ok and It's fine, I forgive you." She kissed my cheeks and jumped out of my arms. Sometimes, she can be so sweet.
She then took the box and ran into the kitchen to have 'her' cake. Other times may be not.

I went into the kitchen. I frowned seeing her keep the cake in the fridge. Being confused, I asked her, "Hey, what's up? Didn't you like the cake?"

"Of course I did. Not only liked but loved it. It was so tastyyy. But I think I ate too much of lasagna in dinner. So I ate one spoon and saved the rest for morning. Don't even think of looking at it." Saying or more like commanding, she went to her room.
Ohhhhhh!! How heartless. Doesn't even care about her broo! Hmph!! What about my hardwork for that whole cake???

Sighing, I went into my room. freshened up, had dinner and headed off to sleep.

SLEEP, MY FOOT!!!

I didn't even sleep for a minute. Sleep was faraway. I was just tossing and turning. Urghhh!!!
Now what!?!
Sigh. My mind is eating me. Literally.
I am still regretting as to why I didn't ask her name. I should have, damn it!!
I feel like we are strangers with some memories. Okay next time when we meet, the first thing I'll ask her would be her name. Yesss!!
As I was going to sleep I felt thirsty. I checked my bottle but it was empty, ughhh.
Lazily I got up from my bed and went downstairs to the kitchen.
I opened the fridge to take another bottle of water when something caught my eyes.
It was the cake.

I slowly took it out of the fridge. One bite won't harm anyone. Kelly wouldn't even know about it, assuring myself, I grabbed a bite of the cake with spoon.
Wowwwwww, Heaven!!!
It really does taste amazing.
I had one more spoon full of it, then placed it back safely in the fridge again.
But still kept licking my fingers.
Oh godd!! Grow up man.

I have to admit though, that girl has some magic in her hands for baking.

As soon as I washed my hands and laid on my bed for the second time.....

'She might not be as bad as I thought.'
Was the last thought that came to my mind. A small smile appeared on my face and I dozed off...

*************
Plz vote🌟
Comment 💬
& share with your friends!✌