Chapter 19

Claudia's POV

"Okay, class! That's it for today. See you tomorrow. And don't forget to complete your drawing homework." I doubt if anyone heard me. They all were busy packing their bags. Way too excited to go home.

I collected my things from the table and headed towards the staff room.

Very few teachers were present in the room. As it's leaving time almost all teachers wait outside to check if the students were safely escorted to their parents.

I packed all my belonging and walked towards the gate to see a few teachers present there, whispering among themselves.

What's so interesting?

'Such a curious cat you are'

I am just going to bid them goodbye. Got it!

'Whatever'

As I made my way towards them the whispers got louder and louder.

Aww! Such a handsome man!

He must be here to pick up his girlfriend.

What a gentleman.

How is it possible? Teachers who work here are either married or engaged.

"Oh! Claudia, come here."

Mrs Hart called me as soon as she noticed me. She pulled me towards them. Literally. And made me stand in between them.

"Listen, dear. By any chance do you know that-" she pointed her index finger towards a man who was leaning on his car waiting for someone? Maybe.
"- gentleman over there?"

I couldn't recognise him properly as his face was turned to the other side. But judging him by his figure, he looks somewhat familiar. Even that black car looks familiar.

Umm...I have seen him somewhere, but where?

Urghh! I am not going to stress my brain over him.

'You never do anyway'

Hush!

He's handsome I must say. In those casual black T-shirt and cream coloured jeans. His eyes were a masterpiece. Which were as dark as the sea, somehow reminds me of-

What the heck is he doing here?

'At last!'

Before I know it I was walking in his direction.

"Claudia! Where are you going?"

Now, I really don't care. Let them assume whatever they want. But first I really need to ask him what the hell is he doing here?

The cool air lightly brushed my face as I forwarded towards him.

As if sensing me near him, he looks up not meeting my eyes.

"Oh! You came. Get in. I wanted to talk to you about something important." Saying so he got inside the driver's seat and started the car.

I am sure I must be looking like an idiot with my mouth closing and opening like a fish.

Not to embarrass myself further I got in the car. Purposely banging the door shut and folding my arms over my chest.

I mentally smirked when he slightly jumped at the sound of the door.

Serves him right!

I looked out of the window and waited for him to start the car. Those teachers were still standing there staring at us.