Chapter 27

Claudia's POV

I twisted to my left but nothing. No matter how many times I twist and turn, sleep was long gone. I stared at the dark sky from the window. The cool breeze of the night slightly caressed my face making me sigh in relief.

I felt some movement on my stomach. I glanced down to see a sleepy Cherry climbing over me. Making himself comfortable he snuggled more into me.

Many thoughts were running in my mind. One of them was the conversation with that driver. After that day, I even called Finn. Indirectly asking him about Aaron. Sometimes I think I could trust those guys blindly. But sometimes... Nevermind.

But I had made a decision.

That I will make a distance from them. Until I get the answers to my questions. Until I get to know the truth, the whole truth. I will stay away from them.

I can't risk to blindly trust anyone. Not now. Not anymore.

I should get a hold on myself before falling deep. I should at least know if it's worth falling. If the person is worthy of my love.

Yeah, I admit that I like Kenneth. But love? No. He is everything a girl looks for, in a man. Good looks, independent, caring, the one who respects. But there are a few things which he is unable to hide. He displays himself as a cold and heartless man. Nevertheless, the child inside him whines to come out. It's weeping. His innocence is still there within him. Just Hidden.

'You said you are going to put a distance. Stay far away from those men?'

Yeah, and that's what I am doing.

'Then my dear, you should also stay away from their thoughts. Stop thinking about him.'

I wasn't thinking about him...

'Oh really?!'

Oh Yes!

Okayy now shut up! I want to sleep.

'Whatever'

I closed my eyes while hugging Cherry close to me.

There is this one thing.

One thing that never lets me sleep in peace.

Every time I close my eyes, it appears in front of me.

The picture of Kenneth's hurtful eyes.

I could have simply told him or... Or else I could have made up something.

But no! I had to shrug off his hand!

'What's done is done. You can't change it now.'

Hmmm, I even feel guilty about that.

How rude of me!

I sighed.

My eyes felt heavy and were about to shut, but the ringing of my phone forced me to open them.

I slowly untangled my hand from Cherry and stretched it towards my phone. Picking it up I looked at the caller id. The sudden light of my phone burned my vision for a while.

Peeking at it from my one eye, I read the name of the culprit.

Eva.

Shaking my head, I picked up her call.

"Hey! Claud, listen to me. And listen carefully. Tomorrow after your school is done, go home and get ready. We are going out, at the mall. The one which is beside our bakery shop. Okay then, bye. Goodnight!"