Chapter 29

Claudia's POV

Amazed, I looked at him. He never ever initiates a conversation by himself, unless he feels it's necessary.

I felt my lips threaten to pull up into a smile at his statement. I ducked my head down so that my hair could curtain my face.

And it didn't go unnoticed by Kenneth.

There was still a hint of awkwardness lingering around us. Nevertheless, it was better than before.

After that day none of us had spoken to each other. Neither by call nor text.

'Speak something! Speak! Or else the awkwardness will be unbearable after some time.'

I am the one who is mad at him. At least that's what I think. Still... I can't pretend like everything is alright when in reality it's not.

'Yeah, but it's not proven yet if he killed your brother or not. And that driver who fed you with this nonsense was a stranger whom you don't even know. And also you don't have a choice, you are stuck here, in this room. Now it's up to you, do whatever you want.'

Argh!!!

What do I speak? What do I-

"Whenever you are stuck in a situation wherein you don't know what to speak or are out of words or want to start a conversation than always go for 20 questions. That's a life-saving game. Trust me, you'll thank me for that."

I smiled. Thanks, Aaron.

I turned towards Kenneth who was busy in his own thoughts. I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Let's play 20 questions", I said once his gaze met mine.

He shrugged. "Okay."

"So... I'll start first." I kept my bag aside to get comfortable and crossed my legs on my left side just because of this dress.

"Umm.... What's your favourite colour?", I asked whatever came into my mind first.

Favourite colour? Seriously! That's so childish!?!

I won't be disappointed if he ignored my question. Sigh.

"Black", he told. I awkwardly smiled at him.

Wow! Again silenc-

"And yours?", he asked looking genuinely curious.

This time I smiled, truly.

Let's. Have. Some. Fun.

Leaning a bit forward towards him I smirked, to which he looked taken back.

"Sea blue", I mumbled staring into his eyes.

"Oh-okay. That's nice", he shuttered avoiding my eyes.

I sat upright and said, "Now it's my turn."
...................

"Now it's your turn. Your last question", Kenneth said while drumming his fingers on his lap.

The morning had already passed and now it was 1 pm in the afternoon. Time passed away quickly while we were busy playing twenty questions. As we were going on with our game, we came to be comfortable around each other as before. I will not say that loud but I was sort of missing those days when Kenneth used to tease me with his smirks and winks.

"Claudia! Were are you lost? Come on ask me your question", he snapped his fingers in front of my face to get my attention.

"Oh, yeah... What should I ask? Now I am out of questions", I frowned as nothing came into my mind.