Chapter 31

Claudia's POV

Everyone stared at me shocked. But that was not a thing to bother me now. I mentally prepared myself for the worst that's going to happen. Because of me.

I glanced at Kenneth, who was standing in front of me. His eyes held fear, which was clear. And he did not try to mask it.

I know, what I am going to do will be the awful thing I would have ever done in my whole life.

I glared at him. "Enough. Not a word more. What do you think of yourself? Huh? Just because I behaved nicely with you doesn't mean that I like you or something! No. Never." This whole time he was staring at me with wide eyes, as if not believing my words. His mouth opened and closed, unable to speak.

I clenched my hands into a fist by my side.

God forgive me, please.

A mirthless chuckle escaped my lips. "What makes you think that it was all true?" Confusion laced his face. "My behaviour towards... you.", I said pointing my index finger at him.

As if something dawned on him he gave me a surprised look.

"Oh come on..... That was all an act. Even a blind man could notice it. But you were a fool enough to fall for it. Like seriously!!" I sighed dramatically.

Many emotions swirled in his eyes. But you could tell he was controlling it.

"Just think about it Kenneth, that why would an ordinary, middle-class girl be nice to a 'rich billionaire'?!" I quoted the last words with my fingers.

"Now does it ring a bell? Hmm? Nevermind, it doesn't matter anymore." I snorted. Twisting my lips in disappointment.

When our eyes collided, all I was met was with emptiness. His eyes lost its spark. Gone were the emotions. The gem lost its shine.

I gulped the lump forming in my throat.

The air around us suddenly became cold. We weren't affected by it. Because the fire burning inside us made it impossible. The fire which I had caused. The fire which is gradually burning someone's naive emotions.

"Everything was going well until I got to know the real you. I got to know about your fake demeanour. You just pretend to be a strong, powerful and a tough guy. But you are nowhere near it. You flinch by a mere touch of a female species. You are overly sensitive. You talk less. It's all just so boring. You are boring. You don't even know how to enjoy your life. You are even afraid of dogs!" I rolled my eyes.

You are perfect, Kenn. The way you are. Any girl would be blessed to be loved by such a pure soul. Forgive me for what I am doing today. Please.

"Unbelievable!" I scoffed.

I took a few steps towards him. I tilted my head to look at him as he is taller than me.

It broke my heart when I saw his face. His eyes welled up but he never let them fall. His breathings were shaky as he stared at me.

I brought my right hand towards his face, caressing it lovingly. Subconsciously he leaned into my touch. His eyes never left mine. Our breath blended with each other.

"Forget me, Kenneth King. You don't deserve me. Stop falling for me, you won't find me at the end." Tears started to form in my eyes. I closed my eyes and turned around to leave. Not wanting him to see my tears.

You really don't deserve a selfish girl like me. You deserve much better. Remember me as your Rose, who once liked you and will always like you.