Chapter 17

Claudia's POV

  My footsteps and the sound of faint wind were the only thing I heard. It was late at night and I was returning back home from kindergarten. There were many empty rooms which were used as store room. So, we decided to make use of them and convert them into play rooms. In all that chaos we lost the track of time.

Every day by this time I would be at home lazing around but today, here I am walking by the alley all alone.

'Oh stop being a pussy cat'

Huh!

Its 10 pm now. . So as dumb as I am I decided to take the shorter route so I could reach home as soon as possible. And at this time the whole place looks isolated. And let me tell you its really creepy.

RING! RING!!!

I digged my hand in my jacket's pocket to get the phone which was ringing non-stop.

Dad.

He must be worried mess till now.

I slided my thumb towards right on my phone screen to accept the call.

"Hello?! Pumpkin? Where are you?" His concerned voiced ringed through the phone.

"Dad!! I am fine. And don't worry I am on my way home. I will be back in 5." He sighed. There was some fidgety noise in the background.

Bark.

"Yeah you better be home in 5 minutes. Cherry is waiting for you at the doorstep since 1 hour. And don't worry I had looked the door or else till now he would have been reached there to get you." He chuckled "he cares for you... just like him" His voice was gloomy as he spoke. I stopped in my track. I clutched my phone tightly so it wont slip out of my grasp.

"Dad!!!" I warned him.

"Ah! Don't mind me. Come soon, honey. Love you. Bye." He hunged up before he goes any further.

I looked at the screen. My lock screen.

"Goodbye! I love you" l closed my eyes as I reminisce those moments.

I kissed the screen where the picture is displayed.

"I love you and I miss you."

I felt the gush of wind hitting me.

A sad smile appeared on my face.

I kept my phone back in my pocket and started walking.

There was some weird sound coming from the small passage.

Okay now I am freaking out.

SMASH!!

I froze by the sudden sound and turned my gaze towards the passage.

Uh uh! There is this stupid wall which blocking my view.

There is nothing wrong in peeking right?

'There is! Oh god!!!'

Hush.

'Curiosity kills the cat'

I made my way towards the creepy looking passage.

As I get close to it I could see the faint light coming from inside.

Breath in. Breath out.

I hid behind the wall and peeked inside. Shocked would be a understatement.

The passage looked small and creepy but inside it was nothing small.

That was not what shocked me but it was the men.