Chapter Seventeen

Lawson parked his car by his dorm, and then walked the short distance to Nathan's off campus apartment. His mother had been less than pleased with his hasty exit at the end of brunch, but Lawson couldn't stop thinking about Sean and Nathan in that apartment together, talking about who knows what, and he was eager to join them.

For some reason, Lawson had been expecting them to do something other than playing video games, but when he walked into Nathan's unlocked apartment, both boys were sitting in front the television, controllers in their hands.

Only Sean looked up when he entered, taking his eyes off the screen for long enough that Nathan swore, "fuck man, now I need to go revive you," but still Sean just smiled at him.

"Having fun?" Lawson asked, crossing the room and taking a seat in the space between the two of them.

"Maybe more so now than I was a few minutes ago," Sean claimed, and Nathan groaned loudly at the flirting. "Want to play?"

"No!" Nathan exclaimed loudly. "He sucks". This was true, but Lawson still scoffed, as if offended.

"That's because I don't like it," he defended.

"You don't like it because you suck," Nathan grumbled.

"Everyone sucks at everything without practice. If I played as much as you did, I bet I'd suck less".

"Whatever. You have refused to play with me ever since that day we became friends and I kicked your ass," Nate declared and Lawson threw him an annoyed look.

"I only asked you to play video games because I knew you liked them," Lawson admitted, and Sean laughed suddenly.

"You two bicker a lot".

"I know," Lawson said, turning his head towards him. "This is why I told Glenn he was a pain in the ass". All sound cut out in the room, and Lawson raised his head to look at the television, which Nathan had paused. As Lawson turned to face his friend, a small smile pulled at his lips. "Yes?"

"What about Glenn?" Nate inquired. "You saw Glenn?"

"I did," Lawson confirmed, leaning back on his arms and pressing into Sean's side. Neither of them acknowledged it, though Sean's hand came to rest on his back for a second before dropping. "Mom forgot eggs this morning, so I had to go to the grocery store and I ran into him there... also, Greg apparently is trying to find out where you live so he can come and punch you, and the next time you see Grace you should be cautious of her around your balls".

With a groan, Nathan fell backwards. "Oh my god. Greg hated me before I broke up with his brother-"

"He didn't hate you".

"He walked in on us having sex and don't even wait for me to pull out before he was yanking me out of the room. I'm lucky I even got my boxers on before he got me outside," Nathan pointed out, and Lawson hummed thoughtfully.

"Okay, So he doesn't love you-" Lawson agreed, only to be cut off.

"Now Grace hates me too? I already worked my way back up from that after I kissed her," Nathan grumbled and Lawson's eyes widened.

"You kissed Grace?"

"Yeah, man. I didn't tell you that?"

"No," Lawson was silent for a minute and then he nodded his head once. "Alright, nice man".

"Not nice," Nathan protested at the same time Sean asked:

"Who's Grace?"

"One of Glenn's best friends," Nathan answered while staring at the ceiling, and Sean made a face.