Chapter Twenty-Seven

On Tuesday, Lawson found himself lying across Sean's bed complaining about the current story he was to be analyzing as Sean attempted to do his homework at his desk. Sean was studying for Calc, which was stupid because between the two of them, it should be Lawson studying for Calc- while he had greatly improved at the subject during the semester, he was still accepting the fact that he'd finish the class with a very low B -which was why he didn't feel too bad about his countless chatter, even when Sean turned to look at him and said, "if you're this distracting all the time I'm going to have to ask you to stop coming over".

Lawson's eyes rolled. "Sean, I'm here all the time. You already know I'm not always this distracting. I'm just... give me attention".

"Ahh, it's one of those days," Sean said fondly before rising from his desk chair and joining Lawson on the bed. "Hi".

"Hi," Lawson replied, grinning. "I'm sorry I'm distracting. Sometimes it just hurts when I think you like math more than me". Softly, Sean laughed, brushing Lawson's hair gently off his forehead.

"Oh my. I must be doing something wrong then". Slowly, Sean leaned forward to his him, his lips warm and inviting against Lawson's, and he sighed happily, rolling into his side towards Sean and throwing a leg over his hips.

They kissed for a few minutes, just enjoying the feel of being pressed so close together with the others taste in their mouth, but eventually Lawson needed to pull back to say, "I'm hungry". Again, Sean laughed and kissed him chastely.

"Is that your way of asking me to make you food?"

"It's like you know me so well," Lawson breathed happily and Sean hummed, looking at him foldly for a moment long before rolling out of bed.

"You're such a little shit," he accused as he moved to leave the room. "What do you want to eat".

"Pasta!" Lawson called after him before grinning and rolling over onto his stomach. He wondered if it was normal to be just this happy.

He'd miss Sean like crazy over break. It already made him sad thinking about it.

With a long sigh, Lawson pulled his text book back in front of himself and began to read once more, trying to take his mind off of the thoughts that had been plaguing his mind more and more recently.

He only got about a minute of reading in before Sean's phone began to ring on his desk across the bedroom. "Sean, can I get it!?" Lawson called.

"Yeah, go ahead!" Sean yelled back immediately, and Lawson crawled out of bed, crossing the room to Sean's desk. It took him a minute to locate the phone, beneath all of the paper and textbook, so when he did, he didn't bother checking the caller ID, not wanting to take the time in case the caller hung up.

"Sean Lewis's phone," Lawson greeted pleasantly, part of him hoping it someone from Sean's family, with the other part of him hoping the opposite. He liked Sean's family- he had talked to them multiple times by this point- but he was also afraid that one of these times he'd say something stupid that made them dislike him (though, when he had accidently made a sex comment to Sean's brother, Chase had laughed for about twenty solid minutes).

The voice that answered Lawson was completely unfamiliar to him. "Who are you?" The man asked, sounding less than pleased, and Lawson frowned. Then he checked the caller ID, and hissed softly through his teeth at the sight of Clyde's name. "Hello?"

"Uh... Lawson," he responded hastily. "The... the boyfriend".

Clyde made a noise- a scoff?. "You're being really lenient with that term, huh?"