Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N I don't want to start this chapter, because I know once I start it it's over. I just want to say thank you to the people who read and voted and commented on my stories during my period of writer's block, because it was you guys who motivated me to keep writing and keep trying until I once again found a storyline and characters that stuck. I also want to thank these characters (which is stupid because I wrote them and created them but they always feel so real to me) because this story- their story- reminded me why I love to write, and really helped me through a bad time in my life.

Lawson didn't get the seat on Sean's flight, but it didn't matter, because Sean didn't end up leaving that day anyways. Instead, they left a week later- which Sean's mother wasn't pleased about but Sean had promised to pay her back for the ticket- and spent the first week after exams at Lawson's house, celebrating the holidays with his family.

There, there was another upset mother, but she understood that Lawson was in love, and she got him for the majority of the year anyways, so it was okay if he missed a month to stay with Sean in Wisconsin. Her understating made leaving a little easier, but Lawson still found his eyes teary the morning they flew out as his mother kissed his cheeks and pretended like she wasn't crying. She had driven them to the airport so Lawson wouldn't need to pay to park there while he was gone, but refused to walk the boy's to their gate and said goodbye to them by the car.

As they walked away from her, Sean took Lawson's hand, and Lawson dropped his head onto his boyfriend's shoulder- which was difficult with them pulling their suitcases behind them- and asked, "how on earth did you manage to do this for four months".

"Oh, it totally sucked," Sean confirmed. He sounded incredibly happy, and Lawson knew it was because he'd be hugging his brother in a few short hours. "But saying goodbye to you would be even harder, so I think it'll be easier this time around".

They checked in at the counter with a lady who seemed less than pleased to be working at six in the morning, and Lawson shifted nervously back and forth on his feet as Sean dealt with it. For the last week he had been in an extreme form of his freak out mode due to the fact that Sean's parents would be meeting him in person for the first time, and if they didn't like him they could kick him out of their house into the cold, and Sean would probably dump him, and-

"Hey," Sean cut in, pressing his knuckles lightly against Lawson's skill. "Stop thinking so hard. Give her your luggage and then we're good to go through security".

"Sorry". Lawson stepped out of line after Sean and immediately worried his lip as the other boy began guiding him in the right direction. "What if they hate me?" There was a pause, and then Sean snorted in amusement. "Sean".

"This again?" Sean inquired as he shot Lawson a fond look. "There's not much to hate about you, I hope you realize, and no, I'm not just saying that because I love you. Also, they're already met you, Lawson, so you already know they don't hate you". Of course Lawson had spoken to Sean's parents nearly a zillion times at this point, and probably had already talked to each member of his boyfriend's family for multiple hours each, but it was still different.

"But they've never met me met me, ya know?"

"What does that even mean?"

"They've never really seen me before," Lawson pointed out. Sean's eyes narrowed a little. "What if I'm like, uglier in person, or not tall enough. They don't know how tall I am".

"I love you," Sean began, "but you are being ridiculous right now".

"But Sean-"

"Don't you think if between the two of us, I should be the nervous one?" Sean inquired. "I think it should tell you something that I'm not the least bit concerned".

"Are you trying to tell me you're stupid?" Sean laughed loudly, and then tugged Lawson's arm.

"No, I'm trying to tell you you're worrying over nothing," then, without pause, "did you remember your winter coat?"

"You asked me that like eight times this morning," Lawson recalled softly, still not sure that Sean's parents would approve of him.

"You're going to need it," Sean claimed. "I don't want you to be cold and have to buy a new one. They're slightly more expensive in Wisconsin than they are here".

"Well, I'd hope they're easier to find as well". It had taken them a ridiculously long time to find a coat warm enough for Wisconsin winters in Florida, where it didn't even snow. "Yeah I brought it. It's right at the top of my suitcase so I can put it on once we get our luggage, given they don't lose my luggage".

"It's a direct flight so it shouldn't be a problem," Sean assured, squeezing Lawson's hand as they approached the security line. "I keep forgetting that you've never done this before. You seem very unconcerned about flying for the first time".

"There are far scarier things to world about," Lawson reminded, shooting Sean a morbid look that made his boyfriend laugh again- far too loud for this time of morning- before ducking down to kiss Lawson chastely.

"So dramatic". It made Lawson smile, and he pressed his face into Sean's shoulder to hide it again. His boyfriend's hand came to rest on the small of his back, an offer of comfort. It brought their faces close enough that Sean could speak directly into Lawson's ear. "God, I can't wait to fuck you while you're wearing my jersey". Surprised, Lawson jerked back, and then made a horrified face. "What? It was your idea".

"We are not having sex in your parents house," Lawson assured, and Sean shorted.

"Sure we are". Lawson shook his head quickly, and Sean's eyebrows raised. "We had sex in your parents house".

"That's different".

"How?" Sean demanded, and Lawson glanced away.

"Because they were my parents". Sean laughed loudly again, and Lawson punched his shoulder. "My parents love you, no matter what you do. If your parents accidently walk in on us having sex, or even hear it, they will hate me".

Something in Lawson's face must not have looked too serious, because Sean laughed, and laughed, and this time continued to laugh, and all Lawson could do was join him.

They probably looked like fools, laughing their asses off in the airport security line at six in the morning- because they both knew this time Lawson was being ridiculous, and they both knew there was no way they could go six weeks without sex- but it didn't matter, because if they were insane, they were at least insane together.

Finally, Lawson had someone he could be completely ridiculous with, all because he sucked at calculus, and Sean had been willing to teach him.

Though, Lawson thought as looked at Sean's smile, stretched wide all because of him, he hadn't been the only one to learn something new.

A/N Because they learned to have the most perfect fucking relationship ever. I can't even tell you how much I absolutely LOVE these two. They are my only couple that has always talked to one another from the start to work through their problems and therefore had little conflict and were always on the same page. It has been a delight to write for these two, and as I write this final authors note, my heart is breaking just a little bit because the adventure is over.

When I wrote the thing about Glenn Pearson, that was going to be my second to last book with these valley falls/ Springfield characters (this book was never planned, I have another plot for one that I was going to wait a while before writing) but then writers block hit and I found myself reverting back to the characters I knew and was comfortable with, but it's really time to move on now. I want to go to a different state with a different high school or college and different boys with different stories. I will always love Springfield and Valley falls though, since it's where I began, and I hope, because of that beginning, I someday achieve my dream of publishing one day