Chapter Twenty

Their second date consisted of dinner, a movie, and then a walk around campus until Sean insisted that Lawson should get some sleep and walked him up to his dorm. They stood outside of the door looking at one another for a long moment before Sean laughed and stepped forward, closing the distance between the two of them to press a quick kiss to Lawson's mouth. It wasn't exactly the kiss he knew both of them were thinking about having, but Lawson was happy they were saving that one for later, and smiled up at Sean pleasantly.

"Don't look at me like that," Sean demanded, expression soft and Lawson raised his eyebrows. They were still standing incredibly close together, sharing the same air, and Sean's eyes seemed to have a hard time focusing on something other that Lawson's mouth.

"Like what?"

"All cute and happy like that," Sean claimed, squeezing his eyes shut before taking a big step away from the other boy. "You have no idea what you do to me, Lawson".

"I'm guessing it's similar to what happens to me every time around you," Lawson pointed out, frowning a little bit because Sean had moved so far away.

"Lawson, I need to ask you something," Sean claimed after a long pause, in which Lawson could admit he was shamefully checking out the other boy.

"Yeah?"

"Would you... Lawson- fuck, what's your middle name?" Sean inquired and Lawson's eyebrows shot up.

"James".

"Would you, Lawson James Murphy, please officially be by boyfriend," Sean finished, a small smirk on his face because they both knew the answer was yes.

Only Lawson didn't give it right away, only stared at Sean with wide eyes, because he had made a promise to himself earlier in the week, and he thought he would have a little more time before he had to fulfill it.

Before you become official, you need to tell him about Nathan.

At Lawson's clear hesitance, Sean's eyes got incredibly large. "Do you... not want to date me?"

"No!" Lawson exclaimed. "I mean, of course I do. I really want to date you, Sean. You know I do. It's just... I need to tell you something first, and then you can decide if you want to take it back or not, Alright?" His teeth tugged at his lower lip, partly in nerves, and partly to keep himself from begging the other boy to not take it back, even before he shared his secret.

Slowly, blue eyes unwavering from Lawson's brown ones, Sean nodded. "Okay... I'm listening".

Lawson didn't immediately speak, thinking about the best way to tell him. Nathan and I used to have sex. A lot. Or, you know my friend Nathan who you've actually become pretty close to? Yeah? Well we had sex in a hot tub before. Only horrible options ran through his head, and it was only when he notice Sean was getting increasingly nervous that he blurted out, "Nathan and I used to have an arrangement in high school!"

He then cringed because his neighbors had probably been able to hear that, and the one on the left was prone to yelling at him and Wes whenever they were too loud.

Sean's eyebrows drew together in confusion. "Uh... I'm not sure what that means. What kind of arrangement?" Sean asked, and Lawson turned his face away, staring down the hall and trying to pretend like there wasn't a tomato colored blush on his face. "Oh". Sean's voice was very small. "Like... a sexual arrangement?"

"You could call it that," Lawson grumbled, biting his lip again and turning his face towards Sean, who, to his surprise, threw his head back and laughed.

"You, and your friend Nathan who is very attractive, and now single had an arrangement in high school? He's the guy you've have sex with?" All of this was said through light, sarcastic sounding laughter that made Lawson want to cringe. Instead, he scoffed.