3.4 - London - Anxious Dinner

Niall's POV

I've been busy all day with business meetings and studio sessions, working on my second album. I didn't have time to check my phone and talk to my baby. She's probably busy at the event anyway, I don't wanna bother her. Yesterday was great though, she was really happy at the concert even though she didn't know all the songs, and she got along well with Olly, which is great I want her to get along with my friends because I'm planning on keeping her around for a long time. I can't wait to introduce her to Shawn, Fred and Julia. Hopefully, she won't be jealous of her. Julia's one of my best friends, but some girls just don't get that, they feel threatened by any female. I hope she knows better because I only see her and I don't want her to think that there's anything going on with any other girl.

I just got to Liam's and he's in the kitchen checking on the food that's being cooked so I have a little time, It's 5:30 PM I wonder where she is.

'Hello! How was your day?' I text her.

'Good! Exciting lots of interesting things to talk about in the blog. I hope Red and Sky will be satisfied with the result. I know we're friends but they're still my bosses and I don't want to disappoint them.'

'I'm sure they'll be more than happy with the result. I believe in you and so do they! Don't worry too much!'

'Thanks, Niall! Your support means a lot to me.'

'No need to thank me, darling, I'll always be here supporting you! What are your plans for tonight by the way? Staying at the hotel?'

'I am there now, but I'm not staying. I'm gonna go walk around explore the city. What about you?'

'Who're you chatting with?' Liam asks walking in the room studying my smiling figure.

'I met this girl a while ago. Mate, I think she might be the one.'

'Wow, really? That's amazing! I'm so happy for you!'

'Thanks, mate. It's still sort of a long way away? We're still getting to know each other. On the inside, when I'm with her, I'm just exploding with feelings, my hearts racing, I'm so happy. And when I'm not with her, she's always on my mind. I care so much about her too, I'm always worried about her. I've never felt this much with one person. And that happening in a very short time is kinda frightening. It's making me do things I usually would never do. I don't know, I'm trying to take it slow, not ask too much of her from now, I don't want to scare her off. I'm not sure how she feels about me anyway. I think she might like me. I'm just not so sure in what way yet.'

'Yeah, I get you. I guess just take it slow, be careful, try to see her side of things before you fall in too deep. I don't want you to get hurt. There's a lot of bad people out there. I don't know her, she's probably a nice person, but people tend to use people like you and me for their own benefit.'

'No, she's nothing like that. Not once during my time with her, she made me feel like Niall Horan from One Direction. She always talks to me, Niall, Irishman, likes golf.'

'More like obsessed!' He corrects, then goes to answer the knock on the front door.

'I'm at Liam's we're gonna have dinner soon. Sorry took too long to respond. Where are you? What are you going to do?'

'I'm still in the hotel. Going out in a bit though. But I don't know where to go. I'm starving so dinner comes first!'

'I know a nice neighbourhood. Why don't you go to Kensington? It's not far from where I am. I could maybe ditch these guys after dinner and join you? We could walk around and stuff.'

'As much as I like hanging out with you, you're not ditching your friends to hang out with me. You already made a commitment. Stick to it.'

'Yeah, you're right.'

'Hey, Niall! Why are you frowning?'

'Oh hey, Harry!'

'What's wrong?' Liam asks again.

'Nothing I'm just chatting with Ivy. She's going out. And I really want to be with her right now. But she doesn't want me there.'

'Who's Ivy?' Harry asks.

'A girl Niall has met recently. Our little Irishman has fallen in love. She really said she didn't want you there? I thought you said she liked you.'

'She said that I already made a commitment to you guys and it wouldn't be right to leave you so that I can hang out with her. Even though she'd love to hang out with me.' I explain.

'I like her! She's not wrong, you know. I haven't seen you in forever, you're not gonna just leave now to go see some girl.' Harry says.

'She's not some girl... But, I guess you're right.' I admit.

'Did you get out yet? I know this pub who makes one of the best Sunday roast ever. It's called The Builders Arms. It's in Kensington. I'll send you the address.' I text her. If she's gonna be out in London alone at least I want her to go to nice places and make sure she's okay.

'Alright, got it. I'm on my way. Thanks, Niall!'

We start eating dinner, the usual conversations flow in and we catch up on all of the things we missed in each other's lives, but my hand keeps crawling back to my phone. I text her again.

'Did you get there? Are you okay?'

'Just got to the pub. It looks really nice. I'm fine, why do you keep asking that? '

'I'm just worried about you darling. I don't like the idea of you being alone in the street. I know this is probably a stretch and you'll say no. But since you wouldn't let me join you, could you at least send me a live location? So I would know where to take you next! '

'So you're gonna boss me around for the next few hours? Lovely! '

'Not boss you! I would never! Just guide you to the best places! '

'Fine! There you go.' She sends me her live location.

'Thank you! Keep me updated. I'm eating roast too! '

'Have a nice meal! And focus on your friends. It's rude to text around them.'

'I can multitask!'

After we finish eating, I check the time, it's 7:00. She hasn't texted me back yet. Her location says she's still at the pub. If I leave now I can get to her before she leaves. I grab my wallet and keys from the table in the sitting room.

'Where are you going?' Liam asks.

'I need to see her!'

'Is she okay? Something happened?' Harry asks.

'No, I just miss her. I really need to see her.'

'Aren't you spending tomorrow and the day after with her? Take a break! She'll be fine!' Liam advised but I wouldn't listen. I need to see my baby right now. But she doesn't want me there. She doesn't have to know that I left. I won't let her see me.

'I'll be back at midnight at the latest.' I say to them before I go out.