4.4 - Bliss - Flight Back

Niall's POV

We finish lunch, go to the airport, pass all the security checks and now we're just waiting for boarding at the gate.

'Are you okay? Getting anxious? You're gonna be stuck in a place for 11 hours.'

'I'm fine, the more you ask me about it the more anxious I'll get. I appreciate you being worried about me. But I'd much rather you trying to distract me as much as possible than reminding me that I'll be in a confined place for a while.'

'Right sorry.' She sighs.

'It's okay. Please don't be sad.' I say as lift her head up, making her look at me, while I gaze into her eyes, 'I'm just saying, I'll feel much better if we talk about something else.'

'Alright, what do you want to talk about?' She asks me.

'Oh, tell me something I don't already know.'

'There's a lot you don't know. You have to narrow it down a little.'

'Okay, tell me about your past relationships.'

'Really? We're going there?'

'Yes, we are. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.'

'Hmm. Only been in a relationship once, it lasted only 4 months, it was horrible. End of story.'

'I'm sorry if you don't wanna talk about it we don't have to. I was just curious, didn't mean to bring up bad memories.'

'It's not about that, I'm totally over everything that happened. Even though maybe since then I was basically dead inside when it came to love, but maybe things started to change now.'

'Then why are you getting upset. I really don't want to upset you.'

'It's just I don't think that knowing that kind of stuff is important. It's over, it's in the past, it's a different time, a different person. I don't wanna be judged based on someone I'm not anymore.'

'Darling, I would never judge you. I just like knowing every aspect of your life, all the ups and down. Just to know you better... That's it.'

'Alright. Sorry I snapped.'

'It's okay.' I reassure her, placing a gentle kiss on her temple.

They announced the boarding, and after we got to our seats we continued our discussion.

'So, you wanna tell me about yours? You don't have to though, I know you like keeping your private life private.' She tells me.

'Private from the public, not you! I wouldn't hide anything from you.'

She looks at me sceptically playing with the locket I just gave her. 

'That's not hiding! That's just, waiting for the right moment and atmosphere to fully appreciate the content.'

'Yeah, but you don't want to see my reaction when I see it?'

'Noo! Well, I do want to know your opinion, but not live reaction. It would be too nerve-racking.'

'Right so waiting for a phone call at home isn't?'

'Well I'll have Fred and Shawn tonight, so I'll have enough distractions.'

'What time do we get there again?'

'Umm, around 9 PM?'

'Oh, well I know Red is picking me up from the airport, I think they might be doing a gathering of some sort. Might not able to check it out until late at night.'