6.3 - Threat and Safety - Work Lunch

Ivy's POV

After the best weekend ever, I'm not getting the chance to see Niall at all. I miss him so much, but he's too busy at the studio, staying there till late at night. After I finish work, I don't feel like going back to the flat I live in. It feels cold and lonely there. Because Niall is not with me. So I spend my evenings in West Hollywood. Maybe secretly hoping I'd run into him while he's getting coffee. Thursday if finish work earlier, so by the time it's 4 PM I'm already in our coffee shop, the one where I saw him the first time ever.

'Hey baby. How's the recording going? Are you okay? Do you need anything?' I text him.

It takes him a while to answer as I expected. But I'm just siting here sipping on a cup of iced coffee.

'Hey princess. The recording is good I just. I don't know I'm not satisfied yet. I keep changing things.'

'Maybe you need a break. You're frustrated. You'll have better results if you're relaxed.'

'I don't know. I don't really have time for a break. I am hungry though. Didn't have time to eat.'

'Then eat. Please. Take care of your health. It always comes first.'

I don't wait till he answer, I go pick up a sandwich he'd like with a drink he'd enjoy, and then go to the studio where he is. I stand around the corner from it, wondering how they're gonna let me in. They don't know about me. I'm sure they're not gonna let a random person in just because they claim they're Niall Horan's girlfriend. Luckily, Tara just walked out. I walk up to her quickly.

'Hi!' I said excitedly. She studies me for a moment.

'Hello! You're Ivy right? Niall's new girlfriend.'

He's telling people about me? Aww that is so cute.

'Yeah! I was in the area and Niall told me he's hungry so I thought I'd bring him some food.'

'Aww you're so cute! I was actually gonna do that myself. What do you have here?'

'Oh umm, just a sandwich and a smoothie...'

'Alright, well he also asked for fries and a dessert. So I'll tell them to let you in and go get the rest.'

We walk to the lobby of the building, she lets me in and then go get the rest of the food. I have to admit I kinda feel bad. How didn't I think to bring fries and a desert. I mean I know Niall. I know what he eats. I should've known better. I was just trying to do something nice for my love and I managed to mess it up. I'm trying not to cry. Last thing he needs right now is to deal with me. He's busy. What was I thinking coming here. I can be so stupid sometimes.

The elevator finally opens, I make my way through the floor, not really knowing where to go. I see an empty kitchen, break room type of area so I leave the food there and then continue walking through the corridor. I hear Niall's voice along with others behind a closed door. Just knock. It'll be fine. But I don't want to embarrass him. Like I'm smothering him or something. Just knock it'll be fine. They're talking not recording you're not interrupting much just knock! I look at the clock again I've been standing here for 5 minutes. Just knock already. But I don't have to cause the door just flew open.

'Oh, hi! May I help you?'

'Umm, hi!' I say shyly, then recognising who it is, I gain more confidence, 'Hey, you're Julian Bunetta!'

'Yes, I am! Nice to meet you, you are?' He asks while shaking my hand.

'Princess? You're here?' Niall called from inside the room, then walking out.

'Oh, you're Niall's girl! Yeah, makes sense.'

I look at Julian confused, then I look back at Niall and tell him while he's hugging me, smiling

'I'm so sorry I'm bothering you. I got you some food because you said you're hungry.'

'You're amazing! Thank you so much! Julian,  I guess we'll take the break now.'

I lead him to where I put the food.

'I actually sent Tara to get food. I should probably text her.'

'I ran into her downstairs, I'm so sorry, I'm an idiot I didn't think of the fries and the dessert. So she's getting them.' I said pouting sadly.

'Hey, it's okay. It's not important. I'm happy with whatever you got me. I'd be happy you're here even if you didn't bring any food!' He lifts my head up, wraps his arms around my back and kisses me.

I kiss him back for a short while but then break it up to remind him of the food. We sit on the table next to each other. I watch him as he munches his sandwich.

'I missed you so much!' He says with his mouth full.

'Who are you talking to, the food or me?' I tease.

He reflects on the question and I gasp jokingly.

'Just kidding, of course I was talking to you!'

I laugh lightly and then tell him that I miss him too. Tara got back, and he continued eating the rest of the food. She sat with us on the table, making small talks. She makes me very uncomfortable, I don't know why.

Niall's POV

I finish the rest of the fries. I'm watching my baby talk to Tara, she's fidgeting in her seat and she keeps turning her phone screen on and off. Why is she nervous? Is Tara making her uncomfortable? Why? I need to remind her that I love her and no one else. Hopefully, that's it.

'Hey, princess. Want to eat the chocolate cake with me? I'm full.'

'Really you want to share food?' She asks.

'I'd share anything with you. Starting with food.' She smiled at that. Good her focus is back on me. I feed her a bite of the cake myself. Then I look back at Tara she excuses herself and leaves the room. I give her a polite smile before she leaves.

Now that we're alone I can speak freely.

'Did she say something to you?' I ask.

'Something like what?'

'Like was she mean to you? You got really uncomfortable and nervous when she was here.'

'No she wasn't. She was nice. I don't know. I guess I just felt like... I don't know.'

'You're not jealous, are you? You know I only see you.'

'I know. I'm not jealous. It's not like that.'

'Then what is it like?'

'I don't know. I guess it's just that. She knows more about you than me. I guess. I mean how can I forget to get you fries and dessert. It's like I don't even know you. Something this trivial and I didn't think of it.'

'Princess, you're making a big deal out of this. It's really not important. And there's a lot about me that you know that she doesn't. You're my girlfriend, my love. There are things you know about me that even my mother doesn't. And she knows everything! Please don't ever feel threatened or intimidated by any other girl.'

'Okay. Thank you, Niall.'

We finish eating the cake and clear the table. Then on our way back to the recording room, as I was turning right she turned left.

'Where are you going?' I ask.

'Umm... leaving?'

'Why? I want you to stay.'

'I don't want to distract you. You have work to do. Besides I thought you don't let people listen to your stuff until they're done?'

'I could use your help.'

'You have at least 4 professionals inside that room! It's their job. It's not my place.'

'You don't need to intervene. Just be in the room with me. It's so frustrating inside. You being there will help me relax and make the best decisions. Please.'

'Alright. But I'll keep to my corner and keep my mouth shut.'

'Thank you!'