Chapter Eleven: Leisure - Live

Ivy's POV

We're back to LA, it's Saturday, we both have off. I just woke up and Niall is not next to me. So I take my phone to text him, but I get distracted by the notifications. Then I read one that says that he is Live on Instagram. So I take my earphones from the nightstand and I start watching. Where is he? Black couch, so he is in the other sitting room. I wonder if I can go to the kitchen without being noticed. Aww, he's playing the guitar I got him! And he's playing Flicker. Of course he is! Come on! Say something! You're just looking at the screen! Answer some question!

'Someone just asked me how's Shawn? I don't know why don't you ask him! He's still on tour right now. I think he has a couple more shows before the break. Seeing him in a week or two. Love Shawnie.' He says to the camera.

After more staring silently at the screen he finally talks again.

'Yeah, it is a new guitar! My gi- my friend got it for me. It sounds great! I really love playing it. Everything just sounds better on it.'

 Wow really? Friend? I don't get it. Like a few days ago, he wanted to show off and made me post a picture of us on my stories, and now I'm his friend? Okay Horan, wanna play it this way? I'm gonna mess with him. Isn't that what friends do?

'Niall play Stitches by Shawn Mendes, please!'

'Stitches? Okay, how does it go again? Right, right.' He starts playing on the guitar and then sings.

'I thought that I've been hurt before. But no one's ever left me quite this sore. Your words cut deeper than a knife. Now I need someone to breathe me back to life.'

And then he stops and says, 'Really? That's the first song that popped up in your mind first thing in the morning? Who hurt ya?'

I don't know Niall! You tell me! Buddy! Okay, what to do next?

'Niall, who would you rather collab with Selena Gomez or Camila Cabello?'

When he sees that comment his eyes grow wide. He laughs slightly, 'I mean, both of them are amazing and talented artists and I'd be lucky to collab with them.'

I don't know what else I was expecting honestly. I'm just reading the comments now.

'Am I alone? Umm...' He looks up, I guess towards the stairs leading to the bedroom, 'Yeah, I'm having a few friends over soon though.'

someone in the comments just said 'You don't sound too convinced...' And he just laughed and playing some song on his guitar humming along. 

Another one wrote, 'Who's coming over?

'Julia is coming for sure. Hulia Mikeles! Yeah, she's going on tour again next week, so we're gonna hang out for a while before she goes. Umm who else, a few of my friends, no one you would know to be honest.'

Another one said, 'Is Ivy gonna be there?' I guess Niall read that because his face lit up for a second like it usually does when he sees me for the first time in a while, or in the morning when we wake up.

'Well, if she wants to come she's always welcome here.'

Should I send something?' What's for lunch?' 

'I was thinking we could do a barbeque? Haven't done that in ages! Wanna join?'

'Only because I miss Julia!'

'Ivy! I miss you too! Call me now!' Julia comments. I wonder how long she was watching for.

I exit the app and call Julia.