11.3 - Leisure - Single

Niall's POV

It's finally Thursday! The song is out! I've been doing interviews on different radios here in LA, I also have Ellen and Late Late show Lined up. So excited! I'm on a little break, just finished with radio interviews for the day and going to the studio to shoot Ellen. I'm gonna call my baby see how she's doing, she takes a while to answer.

'Hey, baby! How's your day going? I've been listening to you on the radio! You're great!'

'Hey, Princess! Thank you so much! Yeah, my day is going great! Everyone is so excited! And the response has been amazing so far!'

'I'm so glad! Where are you now?'

'I'm on my way to the studio. Going to be on Ellen!'

'That's amazing! Good luck!'

'Thank you! What about you? How's work?'

'You know, work is work! It's fun though so that's great!'

'Alright, well I gotta go now. Talk to you later!'

'Okay, have fun baby! Love you!'

'I love you too!' I hang up the phone as I get out of the car and head inside the studio.

After getting ready and waiting for my cue, I finally make my way to the set and start the interview. We talk a little about the song but then, of course, she has to ask about my dating life.

'So you just got a song out, you're releasing an album soon, right?'

'Yeah, yeah, should be out by the end of the year.'

'That's amazing! Can't wait to hear it! Everyone loved your first album, I'm sure the second one is gonna be even better!'

'Yeah, hopefully, people will like it at least as much as the first one!'

'And then you're gonna go on a tour of course!'

'Yeah! We're still working out the details but we should be able to announce some dates soon.'

'Are you excited to get back on the road this time? I mean obviously, things are different now, there is something or someone keeping you here.'

I laugh slightly, can't believe she just said that. 'Well, I love touring and performing, And of course, I'm excited to see everyone again, all the crowds, see their live reaction to the new songs. Sure, it's a hectic schedule and I'm gonna miss home, but yeah I'm looking forward to it.'

'And home is? I mean home used to be Ireland, maybe still is I don't know, but you haven't been there in a while, so you already miss it. Do you consider LA home? You moved here, what, 3 years ago?'

'Yeah, 2 - 3 years something like that. It's not really about a place, it's more about the people, someone you feel safe with, and cared for, someone who's always there when you need them, and of course, someone you want to do all that same stuff for them in return.'

'And do you have someone like that?'

'Maybe...' I say, laughing nervously.

'Well, lucky for you that's all the time we have. Don't forget to stream Niall's new song 'Secret' available everywhere, and tune in after the break for its first live performance!'

Ivy's POV

The week was unbearably slow, but Friday is here now, and It's Niall's birthday/release party! I pass quickly by home to change and get ready, Niall's not here. I guess I'll see him at the party. A short drive later, I'm at the venue. I quickly find Niall, he's with Shawn and some people I don't know. I wait for them to finish talking and leave Niall, Shawn and I alone. Niall turns to me and we pull each other into a tight hug.