12.2 - The Tide - Promotion

Ivy's POV

'Don't forget the End of the year review meeting is today at 3:30 so if you're going out for lunch make sure you're here on time!' Red reminds us.

'Can I just ask? We're still in mid-November? The end of the year isn't until a month and a half...' I ask.

'Well, between Thanksgiving, and Christmas, things tend to get slow here. Besides the new Star Wars movie, there isn't much to do...' Sky explains.

After lunch, the meeting starts, and I'm not going to bore you with things you're not interested in, I'll just skip to the interesting things.

'So Sky and I have been studying something recently...' Red begins.

'Yeah. I don't know if you noticed, but we've been very busy lately, and we've been feeling a little overwhelmed with the workload.' Sky continues.

'So, Since we're growing bigger than we ever thought we would, I mean there are 7 million Subscribers on our youtube channel! We're doing some changes here. We're hiring more help, from writers to anything we need, and at the same time... Sky?'

'Yeah, you two, Mels and Ivy, are going to be promoted!'

'To what exactly?' Mels asks confused.

'Well, for the time being, Managers. But as soon as the new year comes in, we're starting the procedures to make the both of you, our partners. Like legally and stuff.' Red explains

'Wow! Really?' Mels gushes.

'You can do that?' I ask.

'Of course, We're the owners of this company, we can do whatever we want! Besides, without the both of you, we wouldn't be here today. Your contributions and creativity made the blog what it is today!'

Niall's POV

Just landed back in LA. Finally done with the promotion! Can't wait to see my baby again! I'm going to take her to dinner in a nice restaurant tonight. I don't know if she knows, but today we've been together for 6 months, which is half a year. And I think that's is a good enough excuse to celebrate I guess. She's been a bit weird the last few days on her texts, and we didn't video chat, she always comes up with an excuse. I don't want to be too insistent, but I hope everything will be okay.

I call her on my way home.

'Hey, Princess!'

'Hey, baby! Did you land? I'm still at work.'

'Yeah, I'm on my way home. I was thinking I pick you up when you're done and we go have dinner?'

'Umm... I'd rather go home and change first if that's okay.'

'Sure, whatever you need.'

'Thanks, I'll see you later bye!'

She just hangs up. Something is definitely off.

When she gets home, She looks fine, happy, but I can tell from the way she's hugging me and kissing me, she's being distant. Something is on her mind. If she can just tell me what it is already! It's eating me up! She changes her clothes quickly, put on a bit of makeup and fix her hair and then tells me she's ready. The drive to the restaurant was mostly silent on her part, she's just listening to my travelling stories. We get there shortly and settle in our table at the restaurant and order.

'Do you want to talk about it?' I ask hesitantly.

'Talk about what?' She asks confused as I just snapped her from whatever thought she was drowning in.