5.2 - Impulse - AM

Ivy's POV

I must have repeated the song like 20 times at least. I needed to make sure I got the entire message correctly. Now I know the song by heart. It's almost 3 AM now. This can't wait. I need Niall now. I have to see him. It can't wait till tomorrow. I call Red.

'I need a lift. Please It's important.'

'Everything okay?'

'Yes I just need to go somewhere and it's very late.'

'I'll be there in 10.'

I quickly change from my pyjamas into the first pair of jeans I saw, and a plain white V-neck T-shirt, put my converse on, not bothering putting my lenses or any makeup on. I take my purse and phone and within 5 more minutes, Red gets here. I insert the address into his car's gps and he starts driving no questions asked. Slow music on a low volume fills the car for a while.

'So are you gonna tell me where we're going?' He asks.

'We, aren't going anywhere. You, are driving me to a place and leave me there.'

'What place? Who'll drive you back?'

'Niall.'

'Is that where we're going? His place? Why isn't he the one picking you up then? Does he even know you're coming?'

'No he doesn't.'

'What if he's sleeping? I'm not leaving you there in the middle of the night. It's not safe.'

'It's Niall. It's safe.'

We're almost there.

'Wait, wait, wait! Stop the car! pull over!' I urge him seeing two cars pulling out from Niall's parking. I wait till the figure waiting at the gate goes back inside and the cars are gone. I get out of the car and start walking towards Niall's house.

'Are you sure about this?' Red calls from inside of the car, rolling at my walking speed.'

'Yes I'm sure. Please go! Good night! Drive safe!'

I wait till Red is far enough and ring the bell on the gate.

Niall's POV

The boys are gone and I'm exhausted. But sleep is that last thing on my mind. I wonder if she heard the song yet. What's taking her so long? What if they're right and I scared her away? Someone's buzzing at the gate. I open it without a thought. Fred probably forgot something. He always does. If it's not his hat, it's his jacket, or his keys, or his phone. I swear one day he'll forget his head here. I go to the front door but when I open it it's not Fred. It's my baby. She's not abandoning me. She's actually here. My baby's home. She's so beautiful I love her so much.

Ivy's POV

We stare at each other for a while. He's so beautiful when his hair is messy like that and he's just wearing shorts and a T-shirt, he's even barefoot that is so cute! After I'm done admiring his existence, I remember why I came here in the first place. I gently pull myself into him, wrapping my arms around his waist. Instinctively, he wraps his arms around my back tightly. I tighten my grip on him too, feeling how much I've missed him even though we were together like 7 hours ago or so.

'I'm so happy you're here.' He says, kissing me on my forehead, 'I was so worried that I scared you away.'

'Never in a million years.' I reassure him.

'Want a tour of the house?' He suggests cheerfully.

He shows me around as I finally get to put together the pieces I gathered from his pictures online, and form a complete image of where Niall spends half of his time. We finish with the kitchen. Niall stops at the fridge, get a small bucket of chocolate ice cream, get a spoon from the drawer nearby, then walk me through the glass doors into the backyard. We sit down on the couch facing the pool. He hands me the bucket, wraps his right arm around my shoulders and feeds me some ice cream before feeding himself.