Chapter Twelve: The Tide - Issues

Ivy's POV

It's Wednesday evening, I'm hanging out with Mels at home when my phone just starts ringing. I look at the Caller ID, it's Niall! It's 3 AM in London and his album release is tomorrow, why is he still up? I excuse myself and quickly go to another room, answering his call.

'Niall? Is everything okay?' I urge.

'Yeah, sorry... I just had to talk to you.'

'What happened? You don't sound so good. Why are you still up?'

'Just woke up actually. I had a nightmare, and I just couldn't go back to sleep because I don't wanna see it again. And I just had to hear your voice.'

'It's okay baby, it's just a bad dream, it's not real! You're safe, you're okay.'

'Thank you, Princess.'

'Do you wanna tell me what was the dream about?'

'Can you come to London?'

'Umm... I can't before Saturday... but aren't you leaving soon? To Asia?'

'Not before early next week. Tuesday? Yeah...'

'Hmm... I don't know Niall. I mean I'd love to! I miss you so much! But is it worth it to spend half the time I'll be spending with you, on an airplane?'

'I know... I know... And I wouldn't ask this from you in normal circumstances. But right now I need you here with me.'

'Okay, What happened in your dream!'

'I-I... I don't... I don't wanna talk about it... I don't want to think about it... I just.. I can't...'

'Okay, calm down. It's okay. You don't have to talk about it. But please remember it's just a dream. Whatever happened, whoever was hurt. It's not real. You're okay, I'm okay. Everyone else is okay.'

'I know... But I'd feel much better if I see for myself. Please come. I need you! I'm asking you for this one little thing. Can you just do this for me! Please.'

'This thing you're asking... not so little. But fine. I'll be there on Saturday Afternoon.'

'Thank you so much!'

'Now go back to sleep! You have important work tomorrow! Think happy thought! Think that we'll be together in a few days!'

'I love you so much!'

'I know, I love you too! Get some sleep please!'

'Good night, Princess!'

'Good night baby!'

Niall's POV

The album has been out for 2 days now, and the reviews are great so far! So I'm really happy! I wrap up some interviews for the day and go home. I'm so excited, my baby landed, she should be here very soon! It seems like I haven't seen her for forever! I miss her, her warmth, her perfume, he hugs, her kisses. I miss just laying lazily on the couch watching anything on TV, her head on my chest, me playing with her long soft brown hair. Finally, there's a knock on the door. She's here! I quickly open the door and pull her into a hug, slightly lifting her off the ground and kissing her deeply. I'm so happy she's here, my face is actually hurting from smiling too much! But I love it!

'I'm so happy you're here! I missed you so much!' I say, letting her down and pulling away from her.

'I missed you too!'

I take her suitcase and then close the door. I take her hand in mine, walking to the bedroom to put her stuff there. After letting go of her bag near the door, I pull her again into me, wrapping my left arm around her waist and running my right hand through her hair, settling it down behind her neck gently pulling her face closer to mine. I don't tease or linger, I still miss my baby I need to taste her lips now, so I just kiss her strongly, hungrily. I'm so happy she's here, I don't think I could've gone through another month without her. I start walking forward, walking her backwards, until she lost balance and fell into the bed with me on top of her. I don't think much of it and continue kissing her, but she pushes me off to the side and quickly get up.

I get a quick glance of her blushing face, before she turned her back on me, walking towards the door. But before walking out, she stops, without turning back to face me.

'I'm sorry... I can't do this.'

I get up and follow her, she goes to the kitchen and opens the fridge.

'Why do you have a chocolate cake?' She asks.

'Leftover from the party.'

'What party?'

'I had a little party here on Thursday after the release of the album.'

'Right! I forgot! Can I have a piece?'

'Of course!'

I watch her carefully cutting a piece, silently waiting to explain herself. I'm sure she has her reasons. I just want her to share them with me. It's my right to know something like this. She takes a bite of the cake, licking the fork clean. For a second, you'd think she's more into that cake than me. I cross my arms, glaring at her. I know I shouldn't be mad, but seriously? Are you gonna just stand here pretending nothing just happened?

She settles the plate down on the table while sitting down, then clears her throat.

'Right, so about what just happened.' She starts, taking another bite of the cake.

'I don't know how to tell you this. So I'm just going to be as blunt as possible. I can't do It. I can't sleep with you.'

'Okay... I kinda got that. And that's fine. I would just like to know why. Is it a you problem, is it a me problem? Is it something we need to work through? You know you can tell me anything.'

'I know...'

'Then why is this the first time I'm hearing about this? I mean we've been together for months now. And I've been giving you your space, kept telling myself, be patient when she's ready to talk about it she will. And I was still patient, until you pushed me off like that. That was not nice.'

'Yeah, I'm sorry... Wasn't the smoothest way to deal with that. I just panicked.'

'No need to panic Princess. You could've just said no, and I would've stopped. Anyway. What's the issue?'

'There is no issue really... I just want to wait...'

'Oh, well that's perfectly fine! Why didn't you say so earlier? It's not a big deal, I get that.'

'It kinda is. It's not as simple as you think it is. And one of the reasons my ex broke up with me is because he wasn't okay with it, and he ended up cheating on me. Because I wasn't good enough for him. Because I wouldn't sleep with him. And I guess I just thought, even if you're okay with it now. You might not be later, after it's been too long. And even though you're not that kind of guy, and I'm sure you wouldn't do anything like that. But I can't help thinking, one day, with all the beautiful women you meet every day, you might get drunk one night while on tour alone and lonely, and cheat on me. I just can't handle losing you, not for this. I thought if we didn't talk about it, I can still pretend that everything is going to be fine.'

'I'm not your ex. He's an idiot. Besides, when was that? Years ago, when you were 18... This is different. You and me, we're in a mature, adult, committed relationship. There are things that are more important than that. That's just a bonus. And the longer we wait, the better it'll be! So you never have to worry about me looking anywhere else, for anyone else. Ivy, Princess, I love You! Your personality, your smile, the way you take care of me, the way you get a little annoyed when I take care of you even though we both know you love it. Our love goes beyond the physical plane. Our love is much more on an emotional and spiritual level. I don't care that I can't sleep with you now. All I care about is that you're with me.'

'Are you sure?' She asked me, avoiding eye contact.

I walk over to her, sit next to her, pull her face up making her look into my eyes, 'Yes! I am sure!'

She smiles at me and kisses me longly and passionately. I honestly don't know what's better, her kiss or the taste of the chocolate cake she was just eating.

I pull back and then ask her. 'Just out of curiosity, and please don't take this as if I'm pressuring you or hurrying you, but, when you say you want to wait, wait for how long exactly? Or like wait for what?'

'Oh, umm... wait till we get married...' She mumbles.

'Perfect.' I reassure her, placing a gentle peck on her forehead and pulling her into a hug.