9.3 - Light - Birdie

Ivy's POV

 It was time to get back to work, but Niall was being a little difficult. Not that I would know what it feels like, but it's like a parent driving their kid on their first day of school ever. He insisted on not only driving me to the building but to walk me to the office. I love him, so much, but seriously, if he can stop babying me like that, it would be great!

'You don't have to do this you know.' I say for the 100th time.

'I just need to make sure that everything is okay, that you're in a safe space.'

'Ugh, fine.'

I open the door, made my way inside just like the usual.

'Good morning everyone! I brought coffee!' I greet everyone while giving them their usual morning beverages.

'And one boyfriend I see.' Red comments as Sky was saying hello to Niall.

'He just drove me here, wanted to come and say hi. Now that it's done. He's leaving. right, babe?'

'Yeah...' He replies hesitantly. 'Have a nice day... Babe...' He repeated my sarcastic nickname. I give him a smile and a quick peck on his lips before he left to break the tension.

'I'll walk you out.' Red says suddenly, following Niall close behind. What does Red want with Niall? He's rarely nice about us. Now I'm worried. I grab Red's arm when he passes by me, I shake my head silently asking what is he doing, he smiles at me and leaves with Niall.

Niall's POV

'Hey man, look I know you're worried about her. And I know, in the past, I probably wasn't as nice or as welcoming as I should've been. I just want to say sorry, because I see now how much you care and you worry about Ivy. I didn't see that before. You have to understand, we all care a lot about Ivy, and it's normal for us to be overprotective of her, especially when it comes to the guys in her life. I'm sorry we left her briefly with that jerk, but thankfully we got there before anything extreme happened. She didn't like it but I messed him up pretty badly and we'll never see him again. So again, sorry man, about everything. And I can promise you she's safe with us. We'll be more careful about the new people. You don't have to worry too much about her.'

'Thank you, Red. It means a lot to me, you saying that. I really want all of you to accept me because you're her family. And I promise you, I'll take care of her and will never hurt her. She's in good hands with me.'

'Yeah, I see that now. Anyway, umm... Have a nice day!'

'Thank you! You too!'

Ivy's POV

Finally Red comes back in!

'What did you tell him? What did he tell you? What happened? Did you fight? What's going on!' I ask him excessively

'Don't worry, I didn't hurt your pretty little boyfriend.'

Hey! He's not little!' I shout in defence. 

Red and Sky look at me suggestively, laughing and teasing. But I immediately corrected them, 'No! Not what I meant! I mean... I wouldn't know! Just! Shut up!' I ramble

'Good morning! Ivy! I missed you so much! What did I miss?' Mels thankfully interrupts us.

'Thank you!! Missed you too! How was your weekend?' I change the subject.

The routine settles back in, but eventually, the weekend is here again and I can finally sleep in. Or so I thought.

'It's 7 AM! On a Saturday morning! Why are you waking me up, Niall?'