7.4 - Revelations - Sydney

Ivy's POV

After getting Niall's gift. I call Sky to tell him that I'm taking a week off. I know I probably should've asked first, but since I have no videos scheduled for the week and I have only 3 articles to write and I can do them from a distance, I assumed he wouldn't mind. I knew Sky would be easier to talk to about this than Red and as I hoped, he's okay with it. Good, the last thing I need right now is to get in trouble at work. I spend the day with Julia, she gives me all the information I need.

When I get to Sydney, it'll be Tuesday morning. He'd be in the Nova FM studios for an interview and won't be done until 10 AM which gives me enough time to pass by the hotel, check-in, put my stuff and then go there. Thanks to Julia's help, she called ahead pretending to be Niall's assistant and told them that he'll be having a guest for the entire week and that I'm gonna need a second key.

When I get to the hotel, my information checks out with the one given to them on the phone so they give me a second key and help me with my luggage to the suite.

I then go to the address Julia gave me, where the studios are. I keep my phone off so that I won't receive any texts from Niall. I didn't want to worry him so Julia told him that my phone is broken and that I'm getting it fixed so I won't be available for the day. I enter the lobby of the building and just wait there. He should be here in the next half hour. I don't want to try and get up there so I won't distract him.

Niall's POV

I wrap up the interview, say thank you to everyone and then head out. I get out of the elevator, a girl immediately catches my eye, she looks a lot like my baby. But I don't give it much attention, I'm just hallucinating because I miss her so much. I was so sad when I couldn't talk to here this morning. I got worried but then Julia told me she broke her phone. I guess they're friends now. That makes me happy.

I was about to reach the glass door, already spotted the fans waiting outside for me. But then someone grabs me from behind, wrapping her hands around my waist and resting her head on my shoulders. Really? Security is usually better here. How can they let a fan sneak it like that? But the perfume is very familiar. I immediately turn around to face her.

'Princess?'

'Yeah, were you expecting someone else?' She teases.

'No! It's just, I thought I saw you earlier but I brushed it off as me going crazy! I missed you so much! What are you doing here?'

'I just missed you too much! I had to see you!'

I hug her tightly and kiss her. I missed her so much! I missed having her in my arms. I'm so happy she's here right now. I thought I was starting to lose my mind.

'But I thought you couldn't leave work. You're not in trouble are you?'

'No, I talked to Sky. It's fine I just need to write some articles and send it to him as soon as possible.'

'Oh okay, I still have interviews in the afternoon so I guess you'll do them then?'

'Yeah...'

'Where are your stuff? When did you get here? Which hotel are you in?'

'It's all taken care of. I got here two or three hours ago.'

'Okay, but you can stay with me. There's plenty of room.'

'Yeah, I know, already done. This is all Julia by the way. You should thank her.'

'I'll make sure to text her. Is your phone really broken?'

'No it was just so you wouldn't worry while I'm unreachable in the plane.'

'That was smart. If I was worried about you I would've messed the interview. But it went great. They're really liking the new track!'

'Of course, they do! It's amazing! Speaking of which, I think your fans are waiting for you. Go! I'll meet you around the corner when you're done. We'll go eat or something before you have to get to the next interview.'

'Alright! Won't be long!' I give her one last kiss before I go talk to the fans.

Ivy's POV

Half an hour later, we met again, then walked around the area nearby. We couldn't get too far because he still has interviews in the same building. We have an early lunch, then I go back to the hotel after getting him back to the radio. I'm finishing some of the work I had piled up when I get a text from Niall.

'Hey, I'm coming back to the hotel, I'm gonna change and we go out for dinner or something?'

'Alright, It's a date!'

I look around, trying to find a spot I can hide his gift in. I'd rather wait until the end of the night to show it to him. I'm kinda excited about seeing Sydney with Niall. But if he gets too happy about the guitar we might not go out because he'd be distracted in playing it. Really? A big suite and no place to put a guitar! I mean there's the closet but he's gonna open it to get his clothes. Fine. I guess the gift before. I quickly get change, fix my hair and put my usual minimalist makeup. As soon as I'm done, Niall comes inside the room.

I sit on the bed, legs crossed, hands in lap, next to the guitar case, closed. I smile widely when I see him, he smiles back but with more a questioning look. When he got closer, he noticed the case.

'What's that?'

I look at the case innocently.

'Oh, this. Nothing much, just a gift.'

'From you?'

'No, from the neighbours. Yes from me! Who else would it be from!' He laughs at that.

'I mean, you didn't have to. I mean I love it. But you didn't have to! It's expensive and I already have plenty of guitars.'

'Yeah but this one is special. It's from me! Come on open it! Please! You'll love it!'

'Oh, I already do! It's amazing!'

'Just open it!'

He opens it, I look at his reaction, a mixture of shock, awe, love and happiness. My cheeks are starting to hurt because of how much I'm smiling. But I love seeing Niall happy, especially if I had anything to do with it.

'Julia I am so gonna kill you!' He sighed biting back a smile.

'Umm... my name is Ivy?' I tease.

'I know she's the one who told you about this. No one other than her knows about this guitar.'

'But why didn't you buy it yourself? I mean it's not like you can't afford it...'

'No it's not about that. It's just. This guitar is special.'

'What does it have like superpowers or something?'

'Something like that.' He chuckles.

'Still, don't get why you didn't buy it.'

'I just didn't feel... worthy?'

'Excuse me?' He just laughs at my sudden sassiness. 'You're an amazing guitarist! And you are definitely worthy of playing it. So come on, play it.'

'It needs tuning.'

'So tune it...'

'It's gonna take time. We already agreed on going out. Besides, I don't want to be kicked out for noise complaints.'

'The walls are soundproof and it's an acoustic guitar. You're making excuses. But fine. Let's go out and eat. I'm not gonna pressure you. But you're gonna play it eventually. I'll make sure of it.'

'Thank you though. I really love it. You're amazing! I love you so much!'

He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me into him.

'I love you too, Niall.' I say, wrapping my arms around his neck, grazing my lips against his, urging him to kiss me before I kiss him back.