7.3 - Revelations - New Friend

Ivy's POV

It's Sunday, 9th of June, and Niall is going to the airport in less than an hour. He's gathering his luggage near the door. I'm really trying not to cry.

'It's okay, Princess. Let it out, I know you want to cry. It's not healthy to hold it in.' He says as he pulls me in a tight hug.

I cry but not for long. Just enough to release the pressure.

'I'm sorry.' I say.

'Why? You never need to be sorry for crying.'

'Yeah but it's our last hour, and we've been having a lot of fun lately so that we'd only remember the good times while you're away. Not gonna ruin that at the last hour.'

'Yeah, I get that. But if you need to cry, please do. I'll always be here to comfort you when you're sad. It might not always be here like in front of you. But you can always call me whenever and I'll try my best to answer as soon as I can.' He calms me down with his words and a kiss to my forehead.

'Oh, Before I forget. I wanted to give you something.'

He hands me a set of keys.

'What are those?' I ask confused.

'Those are a copy of the keys for here. Feel free to stay here as long as you want. When you miss me too much or for any reason. Also, when you're here, please feel free to have any guests. This is your house as much as it is mine.'

'Well, not really, it's your house. But yeah thank you. I'll come to water the plants or something from time to time.'

He walks me around, teaching me some of the technicalities that I didn't get to use before. And then we said goodbye for now and he left. 

I spent that night here because his imprint was still on the bed, and it still felt like he's there.

The more days go by, the more I miss him and the more I feel the need to be there. Niall's house was warm compared to mine. I hated being in my own house, it's like he stops existing when I'm there and I hate feeling like that. Each day, after work, I go to my house, Get whatever I need for the night and the next day and go to Niall's. I learned how to get to work from his place to the office, turns out there's a bus stop a short walk from there. The first three days are easy because he's in New York, just 3 hours difference. We talk every night on a video call. It gets harder by the end of the week, while he's in London. Nights are days and days are nights. By then, you could say I was completely moved in? I stopped passing by my house. Honestly, even with Niall away, I felt at home here. I mean it's definitely too big for me on my own, I don't go anywhere except the kitchen, the sitting room or the bedroom, but still, I feel closer to Niall here.

On Saturday morning, I get a call from an unknown number, while I'm still in bed debating whether to go back to sleep or not.

'Hello?' I ask lazily.

'Hey! It's Julia! I'm sorry did I wake you?'

'No, I've been awake for a while now. What's up?'

'I've been thinking if you wanna go out for coffee? You know catch up and stuff. I'm bored.'

'Yeah sure! Just give me half an hour and I'll be on my way. Where should I meet you? Or you could come here if you want.'

'Here?' She asks.

'Niall's'

'Oh, yeah I guess it's comfier there. I'll grab us some breakfast and come. Any requests?'