6.4 - Thread and Safety - Date Night

Ivy's POV

We walk back to the recording room, Niall introduces me to everyone, and I shake hands with them. I then walk to a chair in the corner of the room, behind everyone.

'Why are you sitting all the way over there? Come sit here with us.' Julian suggests.

'No, it's okay, I don't want to bother or distract. Just pretend I'm not here.'

'Alright, suit yourself.'

I watch Niall and the group of people work. He's so focused. I love how passionate he is about his work. But him being a perfectionist, he stops at the smallest details. Sometimes that's good, but it could also be damaging at times. After discussing some rearrangements, Niall is back in the booth, recording. I stay silent, just taking in his soft beautiful voice. I smiled throughout the whole thing, but towards the end, I purse my lips and squint my eyes pensively. Niall might have noticed, they stopped recording, and Niall came out of the booth to listen to what they did so far.

'Ivy, what do you think?' Niall asked me. I threw my arms in the air defensively.

'It's none of my business. I'm not interfering.'

'Of course, it's your business. You're a sample of the listeners who'll be hearing and judging the song. What do you think.'

'It's good. I like it...'

'But?' He asks and I stay silent.

'Come on, I saw the look on your face. You have something to say, say it.'

'Fine! It just doesn't feel like the song ended. Like sure, there's the fade out at the end. And it's not like a good, like aww I want more. It's more a confused "What? Really? That's it?" ... I don't know. Sorry.'

'Yeah, I think so too.' Julian agreed.

They discuss and try out different versions, and I only gave my opinion when asked. After recording one more song, Niall is done working for the day. I look at the time and it's 7:13 PM. 

'You know what I just realised?' Niall suddenly says, while waiting for the elevators to get to our floor.

'Yeah?'

'We never really went on a date.'

'What? We've been on plenty of dates!'

'When?'

'I don't know, London? At home? I mean at your house?'

'London we were friends, we weren't in a relationship yet. And at home, it doesn't really count.'

'Why not? Does it has to be in a fancy restaurant or whatever people do on dates?'

'Yeah kinda...'

'Okay?'

'So wanna go with me on a date tonight?'

'Yeah, sure! Where do you want to go?'

'Let's start with dinner?'

'Great.'

Niall's POV

I make a phone call and luckily, I was able to get us a table at one of my favourite restaurants.

'How did you do that? It's late! Aren't they full?'

'You seem to be forgetting that I'm a famous artist?' I jokingly brag.

'Right... that...'

'I mean you just spent like 2 or 3 hours with the studio with me. But whatever...'