3.5 - London - Phone Stroll

Niall's POV

It's a short drive from Liam's to Kensington. I park the car, check her live location she's not in the pub anymore.

'Hey! Hope you're enjoying your evening with the guys. I just got out of the pub. I'm so full! I don't think I can eat anything anymore. I'm just walking it off. Where should I go? '

I follow the dot on my phone, she's very close. I look around, fixing my cap, hopefully, she won't see me. I don't want her to be mad at or disappointed in me. There she is! My beautiful baby! Oh, I've missed you so much! Is it just me or is she shaking?

'What are you wearing? The weather app says it's getting cold. Are you wearing enough layers? '

'Yes, dad! Would you stop babying me! I'm wearing a light sweater and a jacket. I'm fine!'

'You know, It's okay to admit it if your cold. There's nothing wrong with that! It's definitely too cold for just a light sweater and a jacket. Why don't you go buy a trench coat or something? There are still some stores open, it's almost half past 7 PM.'

'Fine. Where do I go? '

'Why don't you go to Harrods? '

'Alright.'

Is she seriously walking there? It's a half hour walk!

'How are you going there?'

'I'm walking? '

'Why? It's a half hour walk? '

'I don't mind walking. Plus I'll get warmer if I'm moving.'

We get there. I'm still not so far behind her but she can't see me. I guide her through the store. She's walking around choosing between different coats. I go to the cashier and tell her that I'll be paying for whatever Ivy's going to pick. One of the perks of being famous and recognised, I can pull off stuff like that.

'What the hell Niall? I was about to pay for the coat and they told me that you already covered it!'

'Consider it a gift!'

'I could've paid for it myself. I don't need your money. I could've paid for it. I'd never ask you to buy me stuff.'

'And just for that, I'm so glad that I did. It's comforting to know that you're not after my money.'

'I'm not letting this go this easily. Expect a gift in return. I have no idea what. It's not like you need anything. But it's the gesture that counts.'

'You don't need to get me anything.'

'I want to. Anyway thanks for the coat I'm much warmer now. This coat almost feels like a Horan Hug.'

'Aww! Well, next time I'll see you, I'll make sure you get the real thing. What do you want to do next? Dessert? '

'I want Ice Cream!! '

'I thought you were cold! '

'Not anymore! '

'Alright, let's go to Snowflake Luxury Gelato! What's your favourite Flavour? '

'Gotta be Chocolate! Although I always have strawberry and blueberry with it.'

'Nice choices! Are you gonna sit there or eat while walking? '

'I've been walking for a while I think I'm gonna sit.'

I wait till she finishes ordering and goes upstairs to where the tables are. I get a cup of ice cream of my own and eat it outside sitting on a bench, waiting for her to come out. Eventually, she does. She pulls her phone and text.

'Okay, I'm done with the ice cream! It was probably the best I've had yet! Thank you! Where to next? '

'It's almost 10 PM It's getting late, are you sure you're not tired? I have one more stop in mind.'

'Sure! Let's go! '

I guide her through the tube system, 'Okay so take the eastbound circle line from South Kensington to Embankment'.

I sit in the carriage just before hers, far enough so she wouldn't see me but not too far so I would lose her. We get there 15 minutes later. I'm still behind her but I won't be for too long. I just have to get her near enough to the London Eye. She just stands there taking in the beauty of the view, as I do the same. But I'm actually just looking at her. I walk to her, and I should've thought this through, but at this moment I couldn't think about anything else. I wrapped my hands around her waist. She got scared for a second but then when she saw it was just me she laughed it off.

'You scared the hell out of me! What are you doing here I thought you were with the guys!'

'I had to see you. I've missed you, to be honest.' I said, pressing my chest to her back and resting my head on her left shoulder.

'Niall we were hanging out yesterday!'

'So you didn't miss me?' I pout.

'How can I not miss the cutest face ever!'

'Hey! I'm not cute!'

'What do you rather be called hot?'

'Yes!'

'Well, I like cute guys more than hot guys. But if it makes you feel better, you're the perfect combination of cute and hot!'

'Aw! That's so sweet! Thank you! Did you like the evening I planned out for you?'

'Yeah! Enjoyed it a lot! It was almost like you were actually there with me!'

'Yeah! Almost!' I chuckled.

After a moment of comfortable silence, she adds.

'This is beautiful! Thank you for bringing me here! And thanks for being here. Although I don't appreciate you ditching your friends for me. Make sure you tell them I'm sorry I stole you away from them.'

She turns to face me, still in my arms and pulls herself in more tightly, wrapping her arms around my back, resting her head on my shoulder. My heart is beating out of my chest, and I can feel hers too. We've never been this close before. The rush of feelings is so overwhelming, I don't know what to do? I want to kiss her, but it's too soon and she hasn't given me any signals yet. She lifts her head back up, looks me straight in the eyes, holding my gaze as I look into her brown eyes. And then she speaks.

'It's getting late I should probably get back to the hotel, get some rest.'

'I'll take you.'

'You don't have to.'

'I want to.' I insist.

I get her back to her hotel. We enter the lobby.

'Again, thank you for everything. It was a lovely night!'

'It was my pleasure!'

'Goodnight Niall!' she says, kissing my cheek just like last time but so much warmer.

'Goodnight, princess!' I replied, leaving a kiss on her forehead. I notice she enjoyed that comment. And her being a fan, I'm pretty sure she knows what it means. And she doesn't mind it!

She starts walking away but instinctively I hold her wrist. She turns back.

'Yeah?'

'Umm, nothing! Sweet dreams!'

'Thank you! You too, Niall!'

I let her go, feeling bittersweet. This was the best night so far. But I'm sad it ended. Why did it have to end? Why do we have to sleep? I just wish I could spend every single moment with her. And if we absolutely need to sleep, we would do it side by side, on the same bed, in each other's arms. I miss her already. She's really messing me up. But I love her for it. I really love her.