5.4 - Impulse - Since We're Alone

Ivy's POV

'Hey princess, sorry my phone died couldn't text you. I passed by the supermarket got a few snacks, and I also got you some change.'

'You bought women's clothes?'

'Yeah.'

'You? Bought women's clothes.'

'Okay, I sent Tara to do it.'

'Yeah thought so. Why did you do it though? I don't want you spending your money on me.'

'I know, but I had to. I'm so tired, so I won't be able to drive you back to your house tonight and I'm assuming you have work tomorrow?'

'Yeah, I have a lot of work piled up.'

'Alight so you're gonna need to shower and wear new clean clothes, so I got those for you. Hope you'll like them. I tried keeping it simple, I noticed you're always in plain and simple outfits. Which I totally love, by the way, don't get me wrong!'

'Thank you, Niall, you shouldn't have done all this! I'm already overstepping here.'

'No you're not! It was my decision to let you stay here.'

'Thank you! Did you eat yet?'

'Had lunch around noon. Starving. Did you eat anything? Want to order something?'

'Actually...' I start, dragging him to the kitchen. I turn the oven back on to heat the chicken, and I do the same for the mashed potatoes, then I take the salad out of the fridge and mix it adding the necessary. I look back at Niall, enjoying his shocked face.

'You cooked?'

'Of course I did! When's the last time you ate a homecooked meal?'

'Forever! This is amazing! Thank you so much!' He says hugging me.

He helps me set the table, taking the chicken out of the oven, insisting on doing it himself so I wouldn't burn myself. We sit on the table and I watch him take the first bite.

'Please never leave! This is almost as good as my mom's chicken!' He gushes.

'You really like it?'

'I love it! Thank you so much for doing this! You really didn't have to do this. You know, every time I start thinking that I figured you out, You surprise me again.'

We finish eating and then head back to the sitting room.

'Oh, you were watching something? Want to continue it?'

'No it's fine I've watched it a million times before.'

'We can continue it if you want to.'

'Niall, you can switch to the golf channel it's fine.' I chuckle.

'Really? It's just that there was a tournament today and I couldn't check any of the news while I was at the studio.'

'You don't need to explain. It's your house, your TV. You can do whatever you want.'

'I just don't want you to be bored.'

'If I do get bored, I have lots of stuff to do on my phone.'

Niall's POV

After a while of just watching TV, I hear a beep, after which she stood up directly. I follow her, trying to figure out what else did she do while I was away.

'I hope you don't mind. But I couldn't stand seeing a full laundry basket and do nothing about it.'

'I don't know what to say honestly. You really didn't have to do all this. I could've taken care of that. I wanted you to stay here to be comfortable and relax, swim around in the pool or something. Not to spend all day doing house chores. You must be exhausted!'