~6~ Old Friend

⚠️WARNING Blood and Gore⚠️
I hear knocks on my door. I get up to go answer it and when I do I freeze in shock. It's my dad and Colby. My dad comes into the room with a gun pointed at Colby's head. Colby has a bruise on his eye and his lips were cut and bleeding. My dad begins to tell me I have to come home or he will kill Colby. I remember the pepper spray in my bag and I go and grab it.

Once I do I go up to my dad pretending to surrender but I spray him in the face with it and I can smell the pepper and my eyes start to water. He releases his grip on Colby, I grab him and run for the door and close it. My first instinct is to go to the front desk and tell them my situation. By the time we get there it's to late my dads at the stairwell heading straight for us. I jump in front of Colby. Then I wake up, I'm in a cold sweat. I get up and look around before slipping on some jeans and my yellow work shirt. I decide to text Colby and see if he wants to hangout later.

I-Hi Colby.
C-Hey Isabella. What's up?
I- Nothing much. Just wondering if you wanted to maybe go exploring later?
C- I don't really have much to do while I'm here.
I- Ok great see you at 6?
C- yep

I look up from my phone with a growing grin. I curl my hair and put some light makeup on. Put my phone in my pocket and start to head out of the door.
—————- 20 Minutes Later —————

I start just scanning person after person until I notice someone that's in line. I keep glancing at them until I realize it was my elementary school bestie. Until she moved in grade 10 I never saw her ever again. She is my last customer of the day. When she finally comes to check out. She realizes who I am.

??- Omg Izzy! I haven't seen you in ages! How have you been?
Isabella- Hi Hayley. I'm doing great. How have you been.
Hayley- how's your mom? Why are you in New York?
Isabella- oh well my mom left not long after you moved. So I don't know where she is at the moment. And well I'm in New York to get away from my dad.
Hayley- well here's my number I got to go.
Isabella- Ok bye.

I go to the back to check out when I notice Mark in the same spot as yesterday in the same situation. So I giggle and shake my head. I grab a box and bring to to the back. Before checking out. Mark was dazed out so I just walked past him to leave. I pull my phone out of my pocket to put Hayley's number in my phone. Then as I look up I see a red Toyota Corolla.
________________________________
Is there anything I should add like flashbacks or more or less text/talk convos. I hope some of you are still reading. I am fixing this book because the original plot was an mess. I'm just trying to slow things down between Colby and Isabella. And make the chapter transitions smoother. Love Mystery_Writer❤️