-3-

Edd went over all the information Matt gave him. He kept his promise, and didn't tell anyone. Edd felt like he was somehow cheating. He just felt.. off.. Edd hoped this wouldn't get in the way of his relationship with Tord. Edd walked down the hall, but as he passed Tom's room, he could hear muffled noises. Edd left him be, and walked into the living room. Tord was on the couch, watching TV boredly. As soon as Edd walked into the room, Tord looked up, and smiled.

"Come sit with me!" Tord said excitedly. Edd couldn't help but smile as he sat next to Tord. Tord put his arm around Edd, and kissed his cheek. 

"..So, what'd Matt want? He looked pretty serious." Tord said. Edd froze for a moment. He hesitated before quickly coming up with a lie. 

"Um, Matt just wanted to go to the store, to buy a few mirrors soon!" Edd said, smiling. Tord raised his eyebrow. Matt came in the room. I looked at him for help. Matt rolled his eyes.

"Edd, can we go to the store soon? I'm really excited to see that new mirror!" Matt said, in a fake voice. 'Does Matt just act dumb?' Edd thought. Tord looked at Matt, and then at me. He seemed satisfied. 

"Sure! Tord, do you want to go?" Tord looked at me.

"Sorry, but I'd rather not. Mirrors are boring, and I'd rather bug the Witness." Tord said, smirking. Edd hit him on the arm lightly.

"Don't mess with him." Edd said, fake frowning. Tord smiled.

"Fine, but only because you asked." Edd smiled, but caught sight of Matt. He was frowning. Edd stood up, and walked to the door.

"Okay, we're going! See you later!" Edd said, opening the door. Matt followed him, and closed the door behind him. Edd let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks for covering for me." Matt nodded "Gosh, I hate lying to Tord.." Edd sighed, rubbing his neck. 

"Yeah. It's sad." Matt added an afterthought 'Almost as sad as having your crush taken away from you' Edd heard him, but decided not to mention it.

"So.. Do you really want to go to the store, or do you just want to waste time for a bit..?" Edd asked. Matt sighed.

"I don't care." Matt said, coldly. 

They stood there awkwardly, thinking of something to do.

Back at home, Tom had been in his room all day. He hadn't got any food, he didn't pick up his phone, he didn't even get up. He cried a few times, and just wrapped himself up in his blanket more. Now, he was basically a blanket cocoon.

The door creaked open. Tom didn't move, he figured it was Matt. 

"Go away, Matt." Tom mumbled under the blankets. Tom heard a low laugh. He was confused. Matt doesn't sound like that. Tom didn't move.

"Why'd you think I was Matt?" Tord asked. Tom froze under the blankets. Tord? What was he doing in here? Shouldn't he be making out with Edd or something? 

"What're you doin' Witness?" Tord said, poking the mass of blankets that consumed Tom.

"Nothing." He mumbled. Tom just wanted Tord to go away, so he could sulk in peace, and silence.

"That's boring. Come do something with me."

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to." Tom said. He was almost on the edge of tears. He knew what Tord's offer wasn't real. He only wanted to be around Tom because Edd wasn't giving him attention or something. Tord scoffed.

"You're boring. See you later, idiot." Tord said, leaving the room. Thick, black, sticky tears dripped down his face. He took his blanket, and rubbed his tears on it. The tears stained his blanket slightly. He'd just wash it later.

Tom's relationship with Tord wasn't very good.